Michael George Re-Trial Motion Upheld

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
      Folks,

      Just wanted to spread the word that the Michigan State Court of
      Appeals upheld Judge Biernat's decision to grant Michael a new trial.
      If anyone is interested, the court transcript of that hearing is
      posted at fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.
    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
        Just for clarification, the transcript referred to below is the
        transcript of the September 12, 2008 hearing before Judge Biernat, not
        the transcript before the State Court of Appeals. I read through the
        entire transcript and feel embarrassed that I didn't make the
        connection sooner. I work as a court stenographer and have done so
        for the better part of five years now, and noted that pages one and
        two were missing, so it took a little longer for everything to click.

        Anywho, thank you for this transcript. I think it proves that Judge
        Biernat still has a firm grasp over his courtroom and intends to be
        fair in the upcoming new trial.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

        > Folks,
        >
        > Just wanted to spread the word that the Michigan State Court of
        > Appeals upheld Judge Biernat's decision to grant Michael a new trial.
        > If anyone is interested, the court transcript of that hearing is
        > posted at fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.

      • Ed Beard Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
          Thanks for the post and update. Maybe this time he can get a trial out
          of that juristiction and away from the DA's linch mob and into a somwaht
          inteligent jury.

          Ed
          =====================
          Posted through Grouply, the better way
          to access your Yahoo Groups like this one.
          http://www.grouply.com/?code=post
        • uss_escort
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
            Yeah, sorry axxin. I should have made that a bit clearer. It is the
            transcript of the hearing before Judge Biernat, where the Judge
            originally granted Michael a new trial. It is not the decision of the
            Appellate Court. I did not include the first two or the last page of
            the transcript due to my discomfort of posting the addresses of the
            parties involved and the signatures of the Court Reporter and Court Clerk.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>