same weekend Yes its established

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      I dont like it anymore than any of you, but the shuttle idea is
      actually really good. But, instead of complaining, has anyone else
      asked the fine folks from Steel City Con why it had to be this way? Im
      sure there is no spite involved.
      I for one hope it works out well for everyone, and Id like to be able
      to go to both shows, to be honest after one full day at the PCC youve
      pretty much seen it all, an yeah its fun anyway, but the chance to go
      to something that is slightly different and covers even more hobby
      like areas and meet some cool guests an crazy stuff.
      I give the SCC some credit, they get some different people each time
      every 4 or 5 months.
      Im not trying to stir the pot, But Id like to see a shuttle or bus
      available to give all of us another option.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
        not to sound like a downer but i dont think a shuttle would work. who would fund this? the vendors at the scc didnt make a good profit so for scc to fund a shuttle means higher prices at the door and for vendor tables. for pcc to fund it might be ok bc they know they are going to be the real draw that weekend anyway, but given that why should they have a shuttle if they know they are the bigger draw? in turn that would also mean higher ticket prices, and i think theirs are high enough.

        im sure a shuttle bus or 3, heck even a school bus or 3 wouldnt be cheap with the way gas is and traffic from monroville to harmerville has to suck no matter which route the bus takes its going to me a 30+ min drive due to alot of construction in a few spots. i know i for one dont want to be crammed on a packed bus for 30 minutes. im 6'6", me and bus seats dont equal fun. not to mention carrying bags of things i bought or having to sit on a bus in costume just isnt going to work at all the way mine is.

        30 min to scc from pcc, then 30 min back or more plus waiting for the probly 2 bus's they have running just dont sound like fun to me. lucky for me i live between the two. it takes me just about the same time to get to either place from my house if i wanted to do both. just did the scc so ill be doing the pcc this time. missed the last one so i have to make up for it this time  lol

        In a message dated 10/30/2008 8:52:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

        I dont like it anymore than any of you, but the shuttle idea is
        actually really good. But, instead of complaining, has anyone else
        asked the fine folks from Steel City Con why it had to be this way? Im
        sure there is no spite involved.
        I for one hope it works out well for everyone, and Id like to be able
        to go to both shows, to be honest after one full day at the PCC youve
        pretty much seen it all, an yeah its fun anyway, but the chance to go
        to something that is slightly different and covers even more hobby
        like areas and meet some cool guests an crazy stuff.
        I give the SCC some credit, they get some different people each time
        every 4 or 5 months.
        Im not trying to stir the pot, But Id like to see a shuttle or bus
        available to give all of us another option.

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
          Dugger, no pot to stir I'm sure they had their reasons and would
          rather
          not be in direct competion. But on some level people are going to
          make
          a hard choice and neither show is going to offer a shuttle to the
          others show and risk your patrons staying and spending all their cash
          at
          someone elses show. It's just unfortunate and I hope both shows do
          well
          but I will not do both. Thats not a knock on SCC I've lost count how
          many of their shows I've been to, but just a couple weeks ago I had
          decide do I go to Mid Ohio con or Screaming Tiki con and they were a
          week apart and I still could only hit one. By all means do both if
          you
          can, I just think not everyone can or will.--- In