Re: Same three days?

  • imajicastudio
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
      I had to choose between doing one or the other cons. I just did Steel
      City and I have been doing Pittsburgh alot longer so I will be a guest
      at the Pittsburgh Comicon. All of the promoters are extremely nice and
      very thoughtful of their guests it was a hard decision. Maybe Dominic
      and Renee could think up a neat idea of maybe having some short of
      shuttle bus between the two shows?

      Don Pedicini Jr.

      > I emailed Dominic, He was seriously limited, Im with you on this
      though, but i can see where it is different enough to possibly still
      draw. Hell I may actually run up on saturday from the con. best of
      both worlds in one day, lol

      > ________________________________

    • Ed Beard Jr.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
        <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

        > Why!!!??? I just saw Steel city con's website is saying the same
        dates
        > for the three days of Comicon. Sigh....could'nt have even a week or
        two
        > apart?

        As always and God willing I will be their for my fans and the Make-A-
        Wish foundation however,this is the most unintelligent business move
        I have ever heard of. It's not going to take any of the guests away
        from Comicon but it will split both shows attendance thus hurting
        both shows in the specific cross over of fans that both share. I
        can't believe that Steel City was not offered an alternative date.
        It's my understanding that Pitt Con's dates have been set in stone
        since April.

        What on earth was Steel City thinking? The economy sucks as it is, in
        PA. Neither show can flourish without the max attendance allocated
        for one show at a time.

        Bad business decision.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
            At least HorrorHound & Monster bash were a week apart this past summer,
            but even that is bunched to close together!!!

            _

          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
              I'm in Monroeville all 3 days for Comicon. I know I could still
              drive over to Steel City but I look forward ALL YEAR for this show.
              So unless they book some artist or guest so monumental I'll wait for
              the other two shows they put on. Ed's right the economey is bad and
              this is not good for either show.... --- In