Re: [pittscomicon] Same three days?

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
      if thats so, im all over comicon. missed the last one need to make up for lost time  lol

      In a message dated 10/29/2008 10:20:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, batmiteforever@... writes:

      Why!!!??? I just saw Steel city con's website is saying the same dates
      for the three days of Comicon. Sigh....could' nt have even a week or two
      apart?

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
        I emailed Dominic, He was seriously limited, Im with you  on this though, but i can see where it is different enough to possibly still draw. Hell I may actually run up on saturday from the con. best of both worlds in one day, lol

        Why!!!??? I just saw Steel city con's website is saying the same dates
        for the three days of Comicon. Sigh....could' nt have even a week or two
        apart?

      • imajicastudio
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
          I had to choose between doing one or the other cons. I just did Steel
          City and I have been doing Pittsburgh alot longer so I will be a guest
          at the Pittsburgh Comicon. All of the promoters are extremely nice and
          very thoughtful of their guests it was a hard decision. Maybe Dominic
          and Renee could think up a neat idea of maybe having some short of
          shuttle bus between the two shows?

          Don Pedicini Jr.

          > I emailed Dominic, He was seriously limited, Im with you on this
          though, but i can see where it is different enough to possibly still
          draw. Hell I may actually run up on saturday from the con. best of
          both worlds in one day, lol

          > ________________________________

        • Ed Beard Jr.
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
            <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

            > Why!!!??? I just saw Steel city con's website is saying the same
            dates
            > for the three days of Comicon. Sigh....could'nt have even a week or
            two
            > apart?

            As always and God willing I will be their for my fans and the Make-A-
            Wish foundation however,this is the most unintelligent business move
            I have ever heard of. It's not going to take any of the guests away
            from Comicon but it will split both shows attendance thus hurting
            both shows in the specific cross over of fans that both share. I
            can't believe that Steel City was not offered an alternative date.
            It's my understanding that Pitt Con's dates have been set in stone
            since April.

            What on earth was Steel City thinking? The economy sucks as it is, in
            PA. Neither show can flourish without the max attendance allocated
            for one show at a time.

            Bad business decision.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
                At least HorrorHound & Monster bash were a week apart this past summer,
                but even that is bunched to close together!!!

                _

              • batmiteforever
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
                  I'm in Monroeville all 3 days for Comicon. I know I could still
                  drive over to Steel City but I look forward ALL YEAR for this show.
                  So unless they book some artist or guest so monumental I'll wait for
                  the other two shows they put on. Ed's right the economey is bad and
                  this is not good for either show.... --- In