Re: Next weekend kids

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
      I may..I have a puzzle box I would like to get signed. The only thing
      stopping me is I went to Screaming Tiki con on saturday ($$$$) but it
      was worth it I rode in the batcopter :) So a BIG thank you to Joe for
      tipping me off to the show..I had a blast!
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>
      wrote:

      > http://www.steelcitycon.com/
      >
      > any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.

    • Will Crites
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
        I'd love to go, seems like a blast. I met Ray Park, sorta, at the 2006 PIttsburgh ComiCon. I was getting a sketch from Jim Balent and Ray left his table and gave me an odd look when he walked by. Of course I was in costume, most people thought I was a Jedi. But if ya'll ask I was a Magic Priest from Warrior Nun Areala.

        Will

        dugger_rockz wrote :

        http://www.steelcitycon.com/

        any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.

      • Joe Patrick
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
          Glad that you had a good time, I know that we had a lot of fun there over the weekend.  I didnt spend the $50 for an Adam West autograph, but it was great getting a chance to talk to Julie Newmar, Lee Merriwether and Malachi Throne was an absolute howl.  We didnt take the Batcopter trip, but it was something neat to see up close.  Overall, for a first con, I think the guys that put it together did a heck of a job overall.  It will be interesting to see if they plan on doing it again next year.

          Alas, I'm all tapped out from Tiki and a Meatloaf concert this Thursday so we wont be making the trip to Steel City. (kind of disappointed, would have loved to have the chance to meet Lou Ferrigno)  I was talking with Jay Fife up at Tiki and he said that some artists / vendors that he knows weren't aware that the show has been moved, so I hope they all know where to go to get there.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
            so anyone going in costume?