Next weekend kids

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
      http://www.steelcitycon.com/

      any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
        ill be there but not sure if i will be there sat or sun. i really want to meet ray park but i think the line will be monster for that. i want to check out the costume contest so probly go Sunday bc i cant afford gas and admission for two days. might even go in costume but not sure if i will enter the contest.
        anyone else?

        In a message dated 10/19/2008 7:57:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

        http://www.steelcit ycon.com/

        any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
          I may..I have a puzzle box I would like to get signed. The only thing
          stopping me is I went to Screaming Tiki con on saturday ($$$$) but it
          was worth it I rode in the batcopter :) So a BIG thank you to Joe for
          tipping me off to the show..I had a blast!
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>
          wrote:

          > http://www.steelcitycon.com/
          >
          > any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.

        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
            I'd love to go, seems like a blast. I met Ray Park, sorta, at the 2006 PIttsburgh ComiCon. I was getting a sketch from Jim Balent and Ray left his table and gave me an odd look when he walked by. Of course I was in costume, most people thought I was a Jedi. But if ya'll ask I was a Magic Priest from Warrior Nun Areala.

            Will

            dugger_rockz wrote :

            http://www.steelcitycon.com/

            any of you fine people going to this? Pretty cool stuff.

          • Joe Patrick
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
              Glad that you had a good time, I know that we had a lot of fun there over the weekend.  I didnt spend the $50 for an Adam West autograph, but it was great getting a chance to talk to Julie Newmar, Lee Merriwether and Malachi Throne was an absolute howl.  We didnt take the Batcopter trip, but it was something neat to see up close.  Overall, for a first con, I think the guys that put it together did a heck of a job overall.  It will be interesting to see if they plan on doing it again next year.

              Alas, I'm all tapped out from Tiki and a Meatloaf concert this Thursday so we wont be making the trip to Steel City. (kind of disappointed, would have loved to have the chance to meet Lou Ferrigno)  I was talking with Jay Fife up at Tiki and he said that some artists / vendors that he knows weren't aware that the show has been moved, so I hope they all know where to go to get there.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
                so anyone going in costume?