Michael George Denied Bond

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2008
      http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=2ce053eb-066d-4032-8986-0b9dcae1bd15

      A Macomb County Circuit Court judge has denied bond for the man known
      as the "comic book killer." Michael George will remain in the Macomb
      County Jail even though his first degree murder charge, for the
      shooting death of his first wife Barbara George, has been overturned.

      For the family of Barbara George, it's a continuation of an 18 year
      nightmare that began on June 13, 1990 in the back of the comic book
      store the couple owned in Clinton Township. At the time, Michael
      George was not arrested and he collected $130,000 in life insurance
      after Barbara's death.

      George moved to Pennsylvania with their two children, re-married and
      had 5 other children. Last year, new evidence was presented that
      ultimately led to his extradition and conviction. His conviction was
      overturned this summer when word spread that the prosecution withheld
      a witness, and new evidence had surfaced.

      The prosecution is now asking the court of appeals to uphold the
      conviction. If not, George will face a new murder trial on December 2.

      Barbara's brother and sister are pleased with the court's ruling, and
      do not want Michael George to be out on the street. However, they know
      their long ordeal is still not over.
    • uss_escort
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2008
        I am getting so freaking sick and tired of hearing from the worthless
        Jurors and Barbara's 'family.' These Jurors, people that were either
        to dumb to get out of Jury Duty or too worthless, are just fearful
        that their 15 minutes of fame is fading away. Furthermore, what about
        Barbara's daughters. Tracy and Michelle had to grow up without their
        mother being around. Now, with the gleeful assistance of their
        mother's 'family', they have lost their father. Where is Justice for
        them? It certainly did not exist 18 years ago, when Eric Smith's
        father could have cared less. His department did not even conduct the
        most simple of investigations. Why? Why were legitimate tips and
        possible leads ignored by Eric Smith's father and his detectives? That
        is what should be looked into. Macomb County should know why this was
        allowed to occur. Damn it, this gets my rockets firing! Eric Smith
        is bastardizing everything I have held dear in terms of the Judicial
        System. The worst part is, I can not do a damn thing about it, other
        than write my frustrations out. They want to tag Michael as "The
        Comic Book Killer." Maybe someone should explain "With Great Power
        Comes Great Responsibility" to Eric Smith and Steve Kaplan.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 24, 2008
          Well said