Unprecedented court ruling in Ohio

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19 1:10 PM
      Cleveland, OH (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a
      Cleveland courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling
      over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being
      beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his
      aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that
      family unity be maintained to the degree possible

      The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
      more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
      the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
      cried out that they also beat him.

      After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
      that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
      judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
      should have custody of him.

      After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare
      officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Cleveland
      Browns, whom
      the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

      Just trying lighten the mood in here as of late. Have a good weekend
      folks
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19 1:42 PM
        Much Appreciated Laughter.
        (I'm always looking for new ways to make fun of the Browns)
        Thanks, Dugger!!

        P.A.T.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>
        wrote:

        > Cleveland, OH (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a
        > Cleveland courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling
        > over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being
        > beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his
        > aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that
        > family unity be maintained to the degree possible
        >
        > The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
        > more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
        > the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
        > cried out that they also beat him.
        >
        > After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
        > that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
        > judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
        > should have custody of him.
        >
        > After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child
        welfare
        > officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Cleveland
        > Browns, whom
        > the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.
        >

        > Just trying lighten the mood in here as of late. Have a good weekend
        > folks

      • Jim Balent Studios

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19 2:49 PM
            LOL! I'm here to help.