Re: new trial!

  • briantlaslo
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr." <artofedbeard@...>
      wrote:
      > After the new trial ( which will last about 2 minutes and give up
      > an innocent verdict

      You know Ed, I really hope you're right. The original trial did about
      as much as it could do to completely break any faith that I had in the
      system, and everyone in my crew of convention attendees said some
      version of that in our letters to the judge.

      I mean, did you see that one article with the reaction from one of the
      jurors? How shocked and disgusted he was at his decision being thrown
      out? the guy says something about Mike along the lines of "you could
      tell he was lying every time he moved his lips". What?? You mean
      when he DIDN'T testify?? When exactly were you able to gather this
      amazing insight?

      If it doesn't go to a jury, I'd start feeling a little better. But
      right now, I can't put any faith in 12 strangers to rise above
      manipulation, ugly words and their own sense of morality or how
      someone is "supposed" to react at a funeral and understand the concept
      of reasonable doubt

      This is certainly great news, no question about that, but I'm just too
      hesitant to jump right to the happy reunion scene at next years Comicon

      Bri
    • acroraya30x
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...> wrote:

        > Hey...
        >
        > This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

        You'd think he'd try to organize things a little better so as to not
        put people through unneeded misery & heartache then... which is what
        these poor people are all going though.

        Good news, and hopefully a better chance at justice.

        - AcroRay