Re: new trial!

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
      > The most pathetic and largest injustice is that Barbara George's
      > family was screwed out of true justice when this District attorney's
      > father was chief. Now even with the discovery of this so called "lost
      > file" the family appears to not want to believe that anyone other
      > than Mike could have done this. Of course the other suspect convict
      > is dead, leaving only one looser druggie to pursue with crap for
      > evidence now. So I guess for this family having Mike, the guy to get
      > their pound of flesh out of from, the former husband of their
      > daughter who they hated to begin with ( Mike did cheat on her
      > admittedly) is what they seem to want to stick too. They evidently
      > can't believe the police could have done anything wrong.... I feel
      > sorry for them. I would want my pound of flesh from the inept police
      > dept and this ass District attorney for wasting my time and giving
      > misleading and false hope.

      Geez, Ed, talk about striking fear in the hearts of the cowardly.
      Heh. Anyways, I agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment. In fact, I
      have drafted and sent a letter to the Michigan State Attorney General,
      Mike Cox, requesting his office conduct an investigation of the Macomb
      County Prosecutor's Office and the Clinton Township Police based on
      their questionable ethics and incompetent investigation. It outlines
      a number of issues that need to be looked at and investigated,
      properly. Considering the number of cases from this County that have
      been found to have been unjustly prosecuted and the defendant's
      unjustly incarcerated, of which one is way too many, it is something
      that someone in authority needs to take a serious look at.

      For those that are curious, the content of the letter has been
      reprinted on fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.
    • briantlaslo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr." <artofedbeard@...>
        wrote:
        > After the new trial ( which will last about 2 minutes and give up
        > an innocent verdict

        You know Ed, I really hope you're right. The original trial did about
        as much as it could do to completely break any faith that I had in the
        system, and everyone in my crew of convention attendees said some
        version of that in our letters to the judge.

        I mean, did you see that one article with the reaction from one of the
        jurors? How shocked and disgusted he was at his decision being thrown
        out? the guy says something about Mike along the lines of "you could
        tell he was lying every time he moved his lips". What?? You mean
        when he DIDN'T testify?? When exactly were you able to gather this
        amazing insight?

        If it doesn't go to a jury, I'd start feeling a little better. But
        right now, I can't put any faith in 12 strangers to rise above
        manipulation, ugly words and their own sense of morality or how
        someone is "supposed" to react at a funeral and understand the concept
        of reasonable doubt

        This is certainly great news, no question about that, but I'm just too
        hesitant to jump right to the happy reunion scene at next years Comicon

        Bri
      • acroraya30x
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...> wrote:

          > Hey...
          >
          > This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

          You'd think he'd try to organize things a little better so as to not
          put people through unneeded misery & heartache then... which is what
          these poor people are all going though.

          Good news, and hopefully a better chance at justice.

          - AcroRay