Re: [pittscomicon] Re: new trial!

  • Lisa Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
      Hey...

      This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

      I just really hope that this is really going to be the sticking point for Mr. George  so that he can get on with his life!
      ~L.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
        <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

        > I heard about this "Lost police folder" a couple weeks ago and it
        just
        > made me furious. Look no matter your thoughts on this case EVERONE
        > deserves a fair trial so lets get on with it.
        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
        > AID=/20080912/NEWS04/80912039/1001/NEWS#pluckcomments

        Looks like the People VS George will go down in the annals of the
        law books for Case law under "prosecutorial misconduct" and more.
        This will set precedence for many victims of overzealous buthole like
        this power hungry district attorney.

        How sweet will the law suit and reward be for the Georges, with all
        of this evidence proving that the District attorney's office withheld
        major evidence that would have otherwise led even the "moron male
        hating 8 out of 12 jury" to conclude other suspects were more likely
        the cause. Now that all this evidence against this District
        attorney's office for failing to provide 7 sworn statements offering
        not 1 but 2 different suspects both of which were involved in a spree
        of comic and baseball card robberies during that same time in that
        very same area, it will be like a check in hand for the Georges from
        the Districts attorney office. Mike's lawyers will sue the shit out
        of those corrupt SOB's. Let's see where to start....n hmmm... Oh yes,
        Will full misconduct, withholding evidence resulting in 1.5 years of
        Mikes life lost, family hardship, debt, loss of career, reputation
        damage on and on. There will be a clear cut award. There is NO
        escaping, the district Attorneys office has been charged and it's
        noted forever in the annals of court misconduct as a warning to other
        overzealous District Attorneys just looking to put a notch in their
        belt using innocent fall guy's like Mike. In this particular
        Districts attorneys case, to clear "Daddy's screw up while he was the
        police chief during the murder". After the new trial ( which will
        last about 2 minutes and give up an innocent verdict and further
        slaps against the District Attorneys office ), the settlement is the
        only thing left to debate. I think that Mikes sacrifice of 1-2 years
        will pay off very well. I pray for the Georges and clearly they have
        angels on their side.

        Here is just a few quotes from the judge during the appeal that
        brought the charges of Prosecutorial misconduct and had the entire
        trial and verdict against Michael George thrown out.

        Judges is quoted during his reaming of the prosecutor. Especially
        when he would ask them if "it" was ever investigated and their reply
        was always "no".Did you check his alibi "no" again. It was said that
        for the next 30 years when prosecutorial misconduct is mentioned in
        court they will be quoting the 2008 People vs. George
        ( "it" meaning the other two suspects one of which had a second
        degree murder charge against him and served 15 years in prison...did
        I forget to mention he had just been let out before the murder??)

        The most pathetic and largest injustice is that Barbara George's
        family was screwed out of true justice when this District attorney's
        father was chief. Now even with the discovery of this so called "lost
        file" the family appears to not want to believe that anyone other
        than Mike could have done this. Of course the other suspect convict
        is dead, leaving only one looser druggie to pursue with crap for
        evidence now. So I guess for this family having Mike, the guy to get
        their pound of flesh out of from, the former husband of their
        daughter who they hated to begin with ( Mike did cheat on her
        admittedly) is what they seem to want to stick too. They evidently
        can't believe the police could have done anything wrong.... I feel
        sorry for them. I would want my pound of flesh from the inept police
        dept and this ass District attorney for wasting my time and giving
        misleading and false hope.
      • uss_escort
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
          > The most pathetic and largest injustice is that Barbara George's
          > family was screwed out of true justice when this District attorney's
          > father was chief. Now even with the discovery of this so called "lost
          > file" the family appears to not want to believe that anyone other
          > than Mike could have done this. Of course the other suspect convict
          > is dead, leaving only one looser druggie to pursue with crap for
          > evidence now. So I guess for this family having Mike, the guy to get
          > their pound of flesh out of from, the former husband of their
          > daughter who they hated to begin with ( Mike did cheat on her
          > admittedly) is what they seem to want to stick too. They evidently
          > can't believe the police could have done anything wrong.... I feel
          > sorry for them. I would want my pound of flesh from the inept police
          > dept and this ass District attorney for wasting my time and giving
          > misleading and false hope.

          Geez, Ed, talk about striking fear in the hearts of the cowardly.
          Heh. Anyways, I agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment. In fact, I
          have drafted and sent a letter to the Michigan State Attorney General,
          Mike Cox, requesting his office conduct an investigation of the Macomb
          County Prosecutor's Office and the Clinton Township Police based on
          their questionable ethics and incompetent investigation. It outlines
          a number of issues that need to be looked at and investigated,
          properly. Considering the number of cases from this County that have
          been found to have been unjustly prosecuted and the defendant's
          unjustly incarcerated, of which one is way too many, it is something
          that someone in authority needs to take a serious look at.

          For those that are curious, the content of the letter has been
          reprinted on fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.
        • briantlaslo
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr." <artofedbeard@...>
            wrote:
            > After the new trial ( which will last about 2 minutes and give up
            > an innocent verdict

            You know Ed, I really hope you're right. The original trial did about
            as much as it could do to completely break any faith that I had in the
            system, and everyone in my crew of convention attendees said some
            version of that in our letters to the judge.

            I mean, did you see that one article with the reaction from one of the
            jurors? How shocked and disgusted he was at his decision being thrown
            out? the guy says something about Mike along the lines of "you could
            tell he was lying every time he moved his lips". What?? You mean
            when he DIDN'T testify?? When exactly were you able to gather this
            amazing insight?

            If it doesn't go to a jury, I'd start feeling a little better. But
            right now, I can't put any faith in 12 strangers to rise above
            manipulation, ugly words and their own sense of morality or how
            someone is "supposed" to react at a funeral and understand the concept
            of reasonable doubt

            This is certainly great news, no question about that, but I'm just too
            hesitant to jump right to the happy reunion scene at next years Comicon

            Bri
          • acroraya30x
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...> wrote:

              > Hey...
              >
              > This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

              You'd think he'd try to organize things a little better so as to not
              put people through unneeded misery & heartache then... which is what
              these poor people are all going though.

              Good news, and hopefully a better chance at justice.

              - AcroRay