new trial!

  • briantlaslo
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 12, 2008
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
        I heard about this "Lost police folder" a couple weeks ago and it just
        made me furious. Look no matter your thoughts on this case EVERONE
        deserves a fair trial so lets get on with it.
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:

        > http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
        AID=/20080912/NEWS04/80912039/1001/NEWS#pluckcomments

      • Lisa Davis
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
          Hey...

          This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

          I just really hope that this is really going to be the sticking point for Mr. George  so that he can get on with his life!
          ~L.

          I heard about this "Lost police folder" a couple weeks ago and it just
          made me furious. Look no matter your thoughts on this case EVERONE
          deserves a fair trial so lets get on with it.

          --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:

          > http://www.freep. com/apps/ pbcs.dll/ article?
          AID=/20080912/ NEWS04/80912039/ 1001/NEWS# pluckcomments

        • Ed Beard Jr.
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
            <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

            > I heard about this "Lost police folder" a couple weeks ago and it
            just
            > made me furious. Look no matter your thoughts on this case EVERONE
            > deserves a fair trial so lets get on with it.
            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@> wrote:
            > >
            > > http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
            > AID=/20080912/NEWS04/80912039/1001/NEWS#pluckcomments

            Looks like the People VS George will go down in the annals of the
            law books for Case law under "prosecutorial misconduct" and more.
            This will set precedence for many victims of overzealous buthole like
            this power hungry district attorney.

            How sweet will the law suit and reward be for the Georges, with all
            of this evidence proving that the District attorney's office withheld
            major evidence that would have otherwise led even the "moron male
            hating 8 out of 12 jury" to conclude other suspects were more likely
            the cause. Now that all this evidence against this District
            attorney's office for failing to provide 7 sworn statements offering
            not 1 but 2 different suspects both of which were involved in a spree
            of comic and baseball card robberies during that same time in that
            very same area, it will be like a check in hand for the Georges from
            the Districts attorney office. Mike's lawyers will sue the shit out
            of those corrupt SOB's. Let's see where to start....n hmmm... Oh yes,
            Will full misconduct, withholding evidence resulting in 1.5 years of
            Mikes life lost, family hardship, debt, loss of career, reputation
            damage on and on. There will be a clear cut award. There is NO
            escaping, the district Attorneys office has been charged and it's
            noted forever in the annals of court misconduct as a warning to other
            overzealous District Attorneys just looking to put a notch in their
            belt using innocent fall guy's like Mike. In this particular
            Districts attorneys case, to clear "Daddy's screw up while he was the
            police chief during the murder". After the new trial ( which will
            last about 2 minutes and give up an innocent verdict and further
            slaps against the District Attorneys office ), the settlement is the
            only thing left to debate. I think that Mikes sacrifice of 1-2 years
            will pay off very well. I pray for the Georges and clearly they have
            angels on their side.

            Here is just a few quotes from the judge during the appeal that
            brought the charges of Prosecutorial misconduct and had the entire
            trial and verdict against Michael George thrown out.

            Judges is quoted during his reaming of the prosecutor. Especially
            when he would ask them if "it" was ever investigated and their reply
            was always "no".Did you check his alibi "no" again. It was said that
            for the next 30 years when prosecutorial misconduct is mentioned in
            court they will be quoting the 2008 People vs. George
            ( "it" meaning the other two suspects one of which had a second
            degree murder charge against him and served 15 years in prison...did
            I forget to mention he had just been let out before the murder??)

            The most pathetic and largest injustice is that Barbara George's
            family was screwed out of true justice when this District attorney's
            father was chief. Now even with the discovery of this so called "lost
            file" the family appears to not want to believe that anyone other
            than Mike could have done this. Of course the other suspect convict
            is dead, leaving only one looser druggie to pursue with crap for
            evidence now. So I guess for this family having Mike, the guy to get
            their pound of flesh out of from, the former husband of their
            daughter who they hated to begin with ( Mike did cheat on her
            admittedly) is what they seem to want to stick too. They evidently
            can't believe the police could have done anything wrong.... I feel
            sorry for them. I would want my pound of flesh from the inept police
            dept and this ass District attorney for wasting my time and giving
            misleading and false hope.
          • uss_escort
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
              > The most pathetic and largest injustice is that Barbara George's
              > family was screwed out of true justice when this District attorney's
              > father was chief. Now even with the discovery of this so called "lost
              > file" the family appears to not want to believe that anyone other
              > than Mike could have done this. Of course the other suspect convict
              > is dead, leaving only one looser druggie to pursue with crap for
              > evidence now. So I guess for this family having Mike, the guy to get
              > their pound of flesh out of from, the former husband of their
              > daughter who they hated to begin with ( Mike did cheat on her
              > admittedly) is what they seem to want to stick too. They evidently
              > can't believe the police could have done anything wrong.... I feel
              > sorry for them. I would want my pound of flesh from the inept police
              > dept and this ass District attorney for wasting my time and giving
              > misleading and false hope.

              Geez, Ed, talk about striking fear in the hearts of the cowardly.
              Heh. Anyways, I agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment. In fact, I
              have drafted and sent a letter to the Michigan State Attorney General,
              Mike Cox, requesting his office conduct an investigation of the Macomb
              County Prosecutor's Office and the Clinton Township Police based on
              their questionable ethics and incompetent investigation. It outlines
              a number of issues that need to be looked at and investigated,
              properly. Considering the number of cases from this County that have
              been found to have been unjustly prosecuted and the defendant's
              unjustly incarcerated, of which one is way too many, it is something
              that someone in authority needs to take a serious look at.

              For those that are curious, the content of the letter has been
              reprinted on fatrepublicanclub.wordpress.com.
            • briantlaslo
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr." <artofedbeard@...>
                wrote:
                > After the new trial ( which will last about 2 minutes and give up
                > an innocent verdict

                You know Ed, I really hope you're right. The original trial did about
                as much as it could do to completely break any faith that I had in the
                system, and everyone in my crew of convention attendees said some
                version of that in our letters to the judge.

                I mean, did you see that one article with the reaction from one of the
                jurors? How shocked and disgusted he was at his decision being thrown
                out? the guy says something about Mike along the lines of "you could
                tell he was lying every time he moved his lips". What?? You mean
                when he DIDN'T testify?? When exactly were you able to gather this
                amazing insight?

                If it doesn't go to a jury, I'd start feeling a little better. But
                right now, I can't put any faith in 12 strangers to rise above
                manipulation, ugly words and their own sense of morality or how
                someone is "supposed" to react at a funeral and understand the concept
                of reasonable doubt

                This is certainly great news, no question about that, but I'm just too
                hesitant to jump right to the happy reunion scene at next years Comicon

                Bri
              • acroraya30x
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...> wrote:

                  > Hey...
                  >
                  > This just shows now that GOD is actually in control of any situation!

                  You'd think he'd try to organize things a little better so as to not
                  put people through unneeded misery & heartache then... which is what
                  these poor people are all going though.

                  Good news, and hopefully a better chance at justice.

                  - AcroRay