Re: [pittscomicon] ******* Mamta beauty show *********

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
      Even though we have membership approval activation in place, we never truly know who is going to be a spammer or not.

      If the other mods agree, we can have it where the mods respond to membership requests personally to see if the user is legit, but again, no system is foolproof.

      On Sun Sep 7 12:05 , sjharvey9@... sent:

      I thought this crap was going to be stopped !!!

    • PyroArrow
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
        No matter what the first spam message will always get through!
        Just move the message into you spam folder & if any more from
        that one comes it goes straight into there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      • Joe Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
          As already stated, there is no way to know what accounts are potential spammers when someone requests for approval.  If your account is set up to receive individual emails, there's no way to stop those initial messages from getting through.  They were deleted from the messages on the group and the sender banned within a few hours of their initial posting, so that no one else sees them going forward.

          There is a limit to what can be done with the features in use here, but there wont be anything else posted under that particular userid in the group. :-D