Re: OUR NEW HOME!!!

  • Brandys Dad
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Cool news, Patrick. That Wicks building doesnt really change the
      location of the con since it's basically just right next door to the
      Radison there and from the outside, its a nice large structure with a
      few floors to be able to spread stuff out among depending on how they
      convert it over to expo space.

      Looking forward to next April! Now just start teasing us with the
      special guests that will helping us break it in. ;-)

      -Joe

      > Well Joe, you beat me to it!! I've been waiting on pins and needles
      > for months wanting to tell you all about our new home. Waiting for
      > the official word from the Expomart so we could make the
      > announcement. (Then they wait until I'm on vacation to break the
      > story. Arrrgh!) So anyway for those of you not paying attention,
      > say "goodbye" to the Expomart and say "hello" to the Expomart?!
      > (actually I don't know whether they'll be keeping the Expomart name
      > but the idea is the same). The Pittsburgh Comicon will officially be
      > moving right next door to the new exhibition facility going in the
      > former Wickes Furniture store. The good people of the Expomart had
      > asked us to be patient about finding a new home because they really
      > wanted to keep us as a client and now we will be one of the very
      > first (if not the first) convention to take place in the new
      > facility. The new facility will be comprable in size and will allow
      > us to maintain our long held relationship with both the Expomart
      > staff and the Radisson. We'll be working out other details as we go,
      > (shuttles from the hotel to the new facility, where various events
      > will be held, etc.) but we are VERY excited about the new facility
      > and we can now get on with the business of planning and promoting the
      > show. I'll keep you all up to date on our plans and guests and you
      > can expect to hear more from me soon.
      >
      > Thank you all for being patient while waiting for announcement of our
      > new digs. It was killing me not to tell you before. But there you
      > have it. Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 WILL be at the new exhibition
      > facility in Monroeville, April 24, 25 & 26, 2009.
      >
      > Talk to you all soon,
      >
      > Patrick A. Thomas
      > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

    • Maya
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Brandys Dad"
        <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:
        >Great spot, lots of parking, can't wait to see what it looks like
        when they are done!

        > Cool news, Patrick. That Wicks building doesnt really change the
        > location of the con since it's basically just right next door to the
        > Radison there and from the outside, its a nice large structure with
        > few floors to be able to spread stuff out among depending on how
        they
        > convert it over to expo space.
        >
        > Looking forward to next April! Now just start teasing us with the
        > special guests that will helping us break it in. ;-)
        >
        > -Joe
        >

        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Well Joe, you beat me to it!! I've been waiting on pins and
        needles
        > > for months wanting to tell you all about our new home. Waiting
        for
        > > the official word from the Expomart so we could make the
        > > announcement. (Then they wait until I'm on vacation to break the
        > > story. Arrrgh!) So anyway for those of you not paying attention,
        > > say "goodbye" to the Expomart and say "hello" to the Expomart?!
        > > (actually I don't know whether they'll be keeping the Expomart
        name
        > > but the idea is the same). The Pittsburgh Comicon will
        officially be
        > > moving right next door to the new exhibition facility going in
        the
        > > former Wickes Furniture store. The good people of the Expomart
        had
        > > asked us to be patient about finding a new home because they
        really
        > > wanted to keep us as a client and now we will be one of the very
        > > first (if not the first) convention to take place in the new
        > > facility. The new facility will be comprable in size and will
        allow
        > > us to maintain our long held relationship with both the Expomart
        > > staff and the Radisson. We'll be working out other details as we
        go,
        > > (shuttles from the hotel to the new facility, where various
        events
        > > will be held, etc.) but we are VERY excited about the new
        facility
        > > and we can now get on with the business of planning and promoting
        the
        > > show. I'll keep you all up to date on our plans and guests and
        you
        > > can expect to hear more from me soon.
        > >
        > > Thank you all for being patient while waiting for announcement of
        our
        > > new digs. It was killing me not to tell you before. But there
        you
        > > have it. Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 WILL be at the new exhibition
        > > facility in Monroeville, April 24, 25 & 26, 2009.
        > >
        > > Talk to you all soon,
        > >
        > > Patrick A. Thomas
        > > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
          That's great news, thanks for sharing! Its a short move, and will
          hopefully be an easy change for everyone involved!

          I'm excited to hear that 2009 is a GO!