OUR NEW HOME!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
      Well Joe, you beat me to it!! I've been waiting on pins and needles
      for months wanting to tell you all about our new home. Waiting for
      the official word from the Expomart so we could make the
      announcement. (Then they wait until I'm on vacation to break the
      story. Arrrgh!) So anyway for those of you not paying attention,
      say "goodbye" to the Expomart and say "hello" to the Expomart?!
      (actually I don't know whether they'll be keeping the Expomart name
      but the idea is the same). The Pittsburgh Comicon will officially be
      moving right next door to the new exhibition facility going in the
      former Wickes Furniture store. The good people of the Expomart had
      asked us to be patient about finding a new home because they really
      wanted to keep us as a client and now we will be one of the very
      first (if not the first) convention to take place in the new
      facility. The new facility will be comprable in size and will allow
      us to maintain our long held relationship with both the Expomart
      staff and the Radisson. We'll be working out other details as we go,
      (shuttles from the hotel to the new facility, where various events
      will be held, etc.) but we are VERY excited about the new facility
      and we can now get on with the business of planning and promoting the
      show. I'll keep you all up to date on our plans and guests and you
      can expect to hear more from me soon.

      Thank you all for being patient while waiting for announcement of our
      new digs. It was killing me not to tell you before. But there you
      have it. Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 WILL be at the new exhibition
      facility in Monroeville, April 24, 25 & 26, 2009.

      Talk to you all soon,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
    • Brandys Dad
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 5:36 AM
        Cool news, Patrick. That Wicks building doesnt really change the
        location of the con since it's basically just right next door to the
        Radison there and from the outside, its a nice large structure with a
        few floors to be able to spread stuff out among depending on how they
        convert it over to expo space.

        Looking forward to next April! Now just start teasing us with the
        special guests that will helping us break it in. ;-)

        -Joe

        > Well Joe, you beat me to it!! I've been waiting on pins and needles
        > for months wanting to tell you all about our new home. Waiting for
        > the official word from the Expomart so we could make the
        > announcement. (Then they wait until I'm on vacation to break the
        > story. Arrrgh!) So anyway for those of you not paying attention,
        > say "goodbye" to the Expomart and say "hello" to the Expomart?!
        > (actually I don't know whether they'll be keeping the Expomart name
        > but the idea is the same). The Pittsburgh Comicon will officially be
        > moving right next door to the new exhibition facility going in the
        > former Wickes Furniture store. The good people of the Expomart had
        > asked us to be patient about finding a new home because they really
        > wanted to keep us as a client and now we will be one of the very
        > first (if not the first) convention to take place in the new
        > facility. The new facility will be comprable in size and will allow
        > us to maintain our long held relationship with both the Expomart
        > staff and the Radisson. We'll be working out other details as we go,
        > (shuttles from the hotel to the new facility, where various events
        > will be held, etc.) but we are VERY excited about the new facility
        > and we can now get on with the business of planning and promoting the
        > show. I'll keep you all up to date on our plans and guests and you
        > can expect to hear more from me soon.
        >
        > Thank you all for being patient while waiting for announcement of our
        > new digs. It was killing me not to tell you before. But there you
        > have it. Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 WILL be at the new exhibition
        > facility in Monroeville, April 24, 25 & 26, 2009.
        >
        > Talk to you all soon,
        >
        > Patrick A. Thomas
        > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      • Maya
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1 7:15 PM
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Brandys Dad"
          <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:
          >Great spot, lots of parking, can't wait to see what it looks like
          when they are done!

          > Cool news, Patrick. That Wicks building doesnt really change the
          > location of the con since it's basically just right next door to the
          > Radison there and from the outside, its a nice large structure with
          > few floors to be able to spread stuff out among depending on how
          they
          > convert it over to expo space.
          >
          > Looking forward to next April! Now just start teasing us with the
          > special guests that will helping us break it in. ;-)
          >
          > -Joe
          >

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Well Joe, you beat me to it!! I've been waiting on pins and
          needles
          > > for months wanting to tell you all about our new home. Waiting
          for
          > > the official word from the Expomart so we could make the
          > > announcement. (Then they wait until I'm on vacation to break the
          > > story. Arrrgh!) So anyway for those of you not paying attention,
          > > say "goodbye" to the Expomart and say "hello" to the Expomart?!
          > > (actually I don't know whether they'll be keeping the Expomart
          name
          > > but the idea is the same). The Pittsburgh Comicon will
          officially be
          > > moving right next door to the new exhibition facility going in
          the
          > > former Wickes Furniture store. The good people of the Expomart
          had
          > > asked us to be patient about finding a new home because they
          really
          > > wanted to keep us as a client and now we will be one of the very
          > > first (if not the first) convention to take place in the new
          > > facility. The new facility will be comprable in size and will
          allow
          > > us to maintain our long held relationship with both the Expomart
          > > staff and the Radisson. We'll be working out other details as we
          go,
          > > (shuttles from the hotel to the new facility, where various
          events
          > > will be held, etc.) but we are VERY excited about the new
          facility
          > > and we can now get on with the business of planning and promoting
          the
          > > show. I'll keep you all up to date on our plans and guests and
          you
          > > can expect to hear more from me soon.
          > >
          > > Thank you all for being patient while waiting for announcement of
          our
          > > new digs. It was killing me not to tell you before. But there
          you
          > > have it. Pittsburgh Comicon 2009 WILL be at the new exhibition
          > > facility in Monroeville, April 24, 25 & 26, 2009.
          > >
          > > Talk to you all soon,
          > >
          > > Patrick A. Thomas
          > > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

        • Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7 5:54 AM
            That's great news, thanks for sharing! Its a short move, and will
            hopefully be an easy change for everyone involved!

            I'm excited to hear that 2009 is a GO!