Re: HOW COOL IS THIS....

  • Chaz
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2008
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

      > In the latest update for the Steel City Con they announced that Chuck
      > Norris will be there. Kinda cool in my opinion.
      Dugger,
      Hate to break this news to you but I went to the Steel City Con site and Chuck Norris is no
      longer a guest. Now they have Ray Park (also cool, but not so much) listed and Daniel
      "Young Boba Fett" Logan. The weird thing is they're making it out like they didn't really
      have him as a guest and that is was just a mistake that it was posted, even though they e-
      mailed the news to everyone on the list that Chuck Norris was a guest and they were all
      excited because this was going to be his first ever appearance at a convention.
      Here's the news form the Steel City Con website:
      "CHUCK NORRIS NEWS UPDATE:

      We regret that the information recently displayed promoting the appearance of Chuck
      Norris was in error and he was not scheduled to appear at the upcoming Steel City Con.
      We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused

      To see the updated guest list please go to:

      http://www.steelcitycon.com/CelebrityGuests.asp"
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2008
        Well Damn, aint that a kick in  the can. Sorry about the mix up

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2008

          > Well Damn, aint that a kick in the can. Sorry about the mix up
          Not your fault. He was suppose to be there. But I'm thinking they jumped the gun and
          announced it before they actually had it set in stone. Heck I noticed that they sent a press
          release about it and a bunch of news sites and comic con sites had posted the news release.
          There seemed to be a lot of people all over excited about coming here to the 'burgh to see
          him. Hope they find out soon that he's not.
        • hargnett
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2008
            I also notice they jacked admission up from $7 to $10. They can't be
            adding that many tables to make it worth that much. oh well....
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2008
              its worth 10 bucks. there will be more there than there was at the expomart be patient there will be more announcements im sure.