Apologies from mod

  • Kirisawa Fuko
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
      Hey again all, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for allowing the
      spam to get so out of control. I was unable to check the group for
      awhile and I hadn't realized until now that there was such a problem.
      I don't blame anyone for being upset and setting up other group
      options. I should've checked in, at least briefly, but I didn't expect
      it to get this bad. Hopefully this won't happen again, but it's up to
      you if you want to keep or delete the new groups. Honestly, I just
      skimmed over message titles at this point, as I'm still really busy,
      so I'm not sure how far the new groups got or if a lot of people
      migrated there already.

      Regardless, I will keep this group open (this's the first real problem
      with the group since it's been open for 5 years, after all). I
      mod-ified both people that volunteered so far, aharmona and
      brandysdad_2000. Guys, I gave you all the privileges that mods can
      have, besides being able to add/delete mods and delete the group. So
      if you have some time and wouldn't mind going back and deleting spam
      and banning spammers, that'd be awesome. If you can see how to change
      the settings to require typing a code for new members to join, as
      someone suggested, I'm all for that. Or if someone wants to direct me
      toward how to do it, as I couldn't find it.

      If anyone else would like to volunteer to be a mod, as well, I'm up
      for adding another few, just to be safe and make it easier on everyone.

      Again, sorry for all the trouble!!

      ~Kiri
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
        I will volunteer. No hard feelings from me, the spam was annoying, but I wasnt giving up on the group. Also Im glad to see you are back. If you make  me a mod thats fine if not thats fine as well, Im staying either way. Take Care.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
          Kiri - I think we're all just glad you came back. ;) With more mods in
          place, I say we absolutely keep this group open. The only problem was
          the spam, and now that we have mods in place, it won't be a problem
          any more. I've already let the other group know it's shutting down,
          and hopefully everyone from there is already a member here.

          Thanks again!
          Shawn

          On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Kirisawa Fuko <fuko_chan@...> wrote:
          > Hey again all, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for allowing the
          > spam to get so out of control. I was unable to check the group for
          > awhile and I hadn't realized until now that there was such a problem.
          > I don't blame anyone for being upset and setting up other group
          > options. I should've checked in, at least briefly, but I didn't expect
          > it to get this bad. Hopefully this won't happen again, but it's up to
          > you if you want to keep or delete the new groups. Honestly, I just
          > skimmed over message titles at this point, as I'm still really busy,
          > so I'm not sure how far the new groups got or if a lot of people
          > migrated there already.
          >
          > Regardless, I will keep this group open (this's the first real problem
          > with the group since it's been open for 5 years, after all). I
          > mod-ified both people that volunteered so far, aharmona and
          > brandysdad_2000. Guys, I gave you all the privileges that mods can
          > have, besides being able to add/delete mods and delete the group. So
          > if you have some time and wouldn't mind going back and deleting spam
          > and banning spammers, that'd be awesome. If you can see how to change
          > the settings to require typing a code for new members to join, as
          > someone suggested, I'm all for that. Or if someone wants to direct me
          > toward how to do it, as I couldn't find it.
          >
          > If anyone else would like to volunteer to be a mod, as well, I'm up
          > for adding another few, just to be safe and make it easier on everyone.
          >
          > Again, sorry for all the trouble!!
          >
          > ~Kiri

        • Kirisawa Fuko
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
            Thanks for understanding guys! Dugger, I added you to the mods, too.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
              So , What do I do now?  oh and THANKS

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

              > I will volunteer. No hard feelings from me, the spam was annoying,
              but I wasnt giving up on the group. Also Im glad to see you are back.
              If you make me a mod thats fine if not thats fine as well, Im staying
              either way. Take Care.

            • Joe Patrick
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
                Thanks Kiri and no need to apologize.  Sometimes life happens and spare time that we had once isnt there for a while.

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 24, 2008
                  I'm just happy to have you back Kirisawa. You've kept up a great
                  site over the years, as a staff member of the Comicon, we can't thank
                  you and the new mods enough for giving the fans a place to discuss
                  the show and other random stuff. I love getting on and reading about
                  the goings on of our "Comicon Community" and I am looking forward to
                  letting you know about exciting happenings with the 2009 Pittsburgh
                  Comicon.

                  Thanks again the Kirisawa and all of you.

                  Patrick
                  Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon