another mod to help?

  • Kirisawa Fuko
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22 4:25 AM
      So I don't manage to check this place for a bit and as you might have
      noticed, spammers came in and went a bit crazy. I was wondering if
      anyone might be interested in being made a mod to help clean up and
      keep an eye on things here? Sadly, YahooGroups seems to always attract
      spammers if it's not watched constantly and I don't have as much free
      time as I used to.
    • jencomx3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22 5:05 AM
        In a message dated 8/22/2008 6:26:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, fuko_chan@... writes:
        So I don't manage to check this place for a bit and as you might have
        noticed, spammers came in and went a bit crazy. I was wondering if
        anyone might be interested in being made a mod to help clean up and
        keep an eye on things here? Sadly, YahooGroups seems to always attract
        spammers if it's not watched constantly and I don't have as much free
        time as I used to.
        well spammers can't join the list if you make it so new members have to put in that letter/number code to join ...

      • Brandys Dad
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 22 5:53 AM
          I don't post all the time, but I am online daily. If I see anything
          that comes through and appears to be spam, I can take care of it for
          you if you like. I think you'll have no problem getting a few
          volunteers for mods to help keep the place fan friendly.

          -Joe

          > So I don't manage to check this place for a bit and as you might have
          > noticed, spammers came in and went a bit crazy. I was wondering if
          > anyone might be interested in being made a mod to help clean up and
          > keep an eye on things here? Sadly, YahooGroups seems to always attract
          > spammers if it's not watched constantly and I don't have as much free
          > time as I used to.

        • Andrew Harmon

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 22 7:25 AM
              If we have mods now, I'm going to go ahead and shut down the Google
              Group. It was fun, but it's much better to just get moderation on the
              existing group. Thanks, Kirisawa!

              Shawn

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 22 8:05 AM

                WOOOHOOO
                BACK AN BETTER THAN EVER WITH NEW MODS

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 24 2:05 PM
                  I'd be happy to give you a hand. I run another group, so I'm usually here
                  everyday.

                  Will

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 24 2:20 PM
                    Will, I went ahead and added you to the mods, too.

                    We've got 5 mods now (myself included), so I think we should be good
                    for awhile, hopefully. Thanks again everyone!

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>