Re: Any one going 2 Baltimore Comic-Con

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
      The trouble is you need to have that cross-media interest to get as
      many people in the door as you can. Although, I really do think San
      Diego has taken it overboard, I can not really blame them. How much
      more do you think they get for a 'booth' from the movie companies,
      than they do from a comic company. Plus, the people you are trying to
      reach comes to you, in fact, they PAY to come to you and you get to
      basically stay in your backyard, it is a no brainer. I know the
      Comicon has tried to find a balance. I hope Baltimore tries to find a
      balance as well. I would really hate for it become like a Wizard
      show, all glam and flash, and, oh yeah, here are some comics.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...>
      wrote:

      > Yep, we'll be there.  It's usually a very nice show, but last year I
      noticed a big focus on media.  I hope they're not trying to ape
      Comicon in this aspect.