Re: [pittscomicon] Any one going 2 Baltimore Comic-Con

  • Nathan Hill
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
      Yep, we'll be there.  It's usually a very nice show, but last year I noticed a big focus on media.  I hope they're not trying to ape Comicon in this aspect.

      BTW, The SPXPO is also coming up.  That's a very nice show too.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
        The trouble is you need to have that cross-media interest to get as
        many people in the door as you can. Although, I really do think San
        Diego has taken it overboard, I can not really blame them. How much
        more do you think they get for a 'booth' from the movie companies,
        than they do from a comic company. Plus, the people you are trying to
        reach comes to you, in fact, they PAY to come to you and you get to
        basically stay in your backyard, it is a no brainer. I know the
        Comicon has tried to find a balance. I hope Baltimore tries to find a
        balance as well. I would really hate for it become like a Wizard
        show, all glam and flash, and, oh yeah, here are some comics.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...>