Re: [pittscomicon] Any one going 2 Baltimore Comic-Con

  • Troy Gardner
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2008

      I live about 35 minutes from baltimore so I will be there. I really enjoy it. I wont do both days, thinking about going to the Geppi Musuem.

      Troy

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
        Yep, we'll be there.  It's usually a very nice show, but last year I noticed a big focus on media.  I hope they're not trying to ape Comicon in this aspect.

        BTW, The SPXPO is also coming up.  That's a very nice show too.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
          The trouble is you need to have that cross-media interest to get as
          many people in the door as you can. Although, I really do think San
          Diego has taken it overboard, I can not really blame them. How much
          more do you think they get for a 'booth' from the movie companies,
          than they do from a comic company. Plus, the people you are trying to
          reach comes to you, in fact, they PAY to come to you and you get to
          basically stay in your backyard, it is a no brainer. I know the
          Comicon has tried to find a balance. I hope Baltimore tries to find a
          balance as well. I would really hate for it become like a Wizard
          show, all glam and flash, and, oh yeah, here are some comics.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...>