Re: Any one going 2 Baltimore Comic-Con

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
      Yeah, my friend and I are attending. We'll be at the Strumhaus Studio
      table.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Maya" <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

      > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any
      one
      > from here going to be there?

    • Shawn Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
        I'll going with Leadslinger Studios as their booth babe. Yeah,
        standards are REALLY slipping for booth babes, sadly...

        Shawn

        On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:
        > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any one
        > from here going to be there?

      • Troy Gardner
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2008

          I live about 35 minutes from baltimore so I will be there. I really enjoy it. I wont do both days, thinking about going to the Geppi Musuem.

          Troy

          On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Maya <catwomanmtb@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any one
          > from here going to be there?

        • Nathan Hill
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
            Yep, we'll be there.  It's usually a very nice show, but last year I noticed a big focus on media.  I hope they're not trying to ape Comicon in this aspect.

            BTW, The SPXPO is also coming up.  That's a very nice show too.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
              The trouble is you need to have that cross-media interest to get as
              many people in the door as you can. Although, I really do think San
              Diego has taken it overboard, I can not really blame them. How much
              more do you think they get for a 'booth' from the movie companies,
              than they do from a comic company. Plus, the people you are trying to
              reach comes to you, in fact, they PAY to come to you and you get to
              basically stay in your backyard, it is a no brainer. I know the
              Comicon has tried to find a balance. I hope Baltimore tries to find a
              balance as well. I would really hate for it become like a Wizard
              show, all glam and flash, and, oh yeah, here are some comics.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...>