Any one going 2 Baltimore Comic-Con

  • Maya
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
      Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any one
      from here going to be there?
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
        Yeah, my friend and I are attending. We'll be at the Strumhaus Studio
        table.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Maya" <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

        > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any
        one
        > from here going to be there?

      • Shawn Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
          I'll going with Leadslinger Studios as their booth babe. Yeah,
          standards are REALLY slipping for booth babes, sadly...

          Shawn

          On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:
          > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any one
          > from here going to be there?

        • Troy Gardner
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2008

            I live about 35 minutes from baltimore so I will be there. I really enjoy it. I wont do both days, thinking about going to the Geppi Musuem.

            Troy

            On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Maya <catwomanmtb@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            > Im plaining on going to Baltimore Comic-Con this September. Is any one
            > from here going to be there?

          • Nathan Hill
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
              Yep, we'll be there.  It's usually a very nice show, but last year I noticed a big focus on media.  I hope they're not trying to ape Comicon in this aspect.

              BTW, The SPXPO is also coming up.  That's a very nice show too.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
                The trouble is you need to have that cross-media interest to get as
                many people in the door as you can. Although, I really do think San
                Diego has taken it overboard, I can not really blame them. How much
                more do you think they get for a 'booth' from the movie companies,
                than they do from a comic company. Plus, the people you are trying to
                reach comes to you, in fact, they PAY to come to you and you get to
                basically stay in your backyard, it is a no brainer. I know the
                Comicon has tried to find a balance. I hope Baltimore tries to find a
                balance as well. I would really hate for it become like a Wizard
                show, all glam and flash, and, oh yeah, here are some comics.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...>