Re: I crossed a threshold with todays comic purchase

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
      Congrats Dugger. Has anyone really thought about this addiction we
      call collecting. I mean, we get a weekly fix, our suppliers even give
      us "Free Samples" to pull us in, we usually start with simple stuff
      and gradually move up to "harder stuff", we are encouraged to bring in
      children and girls to get them "into collecting" and there is no
      feeling quite like finding a vintage product. I am not sure if we are
      like drug addicts or wine collectors. Given the length that a large
      number of us go to protect and store our "investments", I am going to
      go with wine collector. But, deep down inside, I know I am just a
      "comichead". This weekend, I will going to Renee for a comic fix. I
      need help! :)

      TJ

      > I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about
      moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go
      through that again anytime soon.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008

        Thanks.

        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

        > I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about
        moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go
        through that again anytime soon.

      • G.W.
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
          Hehe. You guys actually keep track of how many you have? Geez, I'd
          need to set aside a week of doing nothing but organizing just to
          figure that out.

          On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

          > Thanks.

        • Andrew Harmon
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
            I've got mine all organized on comicspriceguide.com :)

            On Thu Aug 14 12:50 , G.W. sent:

            On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Thanks.

          • Chris Underwood
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
              I found this site last year.....www.comicbookrealm.com

              It took me a while to get them all entered in. at a box per night it took a LONG while.
              But I love it. It keeps track of what I paid for it, the condition it's in, what it's worth, and a slew of other options.
              Best of all, it's free.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                Free? I so got to try it out!

                On Thu Aug 14 15:39 , 'Chris Underwood' sent: