Re: [pittscomicon] I crossed a threshold with todays comic purchase

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
      I'm just over 4,000 and I gotta ask, what (if anything) do you do with those issues that aren't so in demand, even as a 50 cent sale? :)

      On Wed Aug 13 21:14 , 'dugger_rockz' sent:

      I crossed the 12000 mark I am officially at 12,001 comics in my
      collection. Why am I sharing it with you all? Who the hell else is
      going to appreciate it? LOL OK Im done sharing Have a good night.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
        I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go through that again anytime soon.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
          I read them and put them in a box, when that box is full I carry it to the comic room-o-boxes.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
            Congrats Dugger. Has anyone really thought about this addiction we
            call collecting. I mean, we get a weekly fix, our suppliers even give
            us "Free Samples" to pull us in, we usually start with simple stuff
            and gradually move up to "harder stuff", we are encouraged to bring in
            children and girls to get them "into collecting" and there is no
            feeling quite like finding a vintage product. I am not sure if we are
            like drug addicts or wine collectors. Given the length that a large
            number of us go to protect and store our "investments", I am going to
            go with wine collector. But, deep down inside, I know I am just a
            "comichead". This weekend, I will going to Renee for a comic fix. I
            need help! :)

            TJ

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008

              Thanks.

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

              > I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about
              moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go
              through that again anytime soon.

            • G.W.
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                Hehe. You guys actually keep track of how many you have? Geez, I'd
                need to set aside a week of doing nothing but organizing just to
                figure that out.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                  I've got mine all organized on comicspriceguide.com :)

                  On Thu Aug 14 12:50 , G.W. sent:

                  On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                  > Thanks.

                • Chris Underwood
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                    I found this site last year.....www.comicbookrealm.com

                    It took me a while to get them all entered in. at a box per night it took a LONG while.
                    But I love it. It keeps track of what I paid for it, the condition it's in, what it's worth, and a slew of other options.
                    Best of all, it's free.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                      Free? I so got to try it out!

                      On Thu Aug 14 15:39 , 'Chris Underwood' sent: