I crossed a threshold with todays comic purchase

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 13, 2008
      I crossed the 12000 mark I am officially at 12,001 comics in my
      collection. Why am I sharing it with you all? Who the hell else is
      going to appreciate it? LOL OK Im done sharing Have a good night.
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
        Congratulations Dugger, (if congrats is what you are looking for,
        because I know sometimes I look at my 35+ long boxes and say "Hurray,
        I have 35 boxes of comics" and sometimes I look at them and say, "Oh
        My God, what am I doing with 35+ long boxes of comics.") I
        particularly feel like the latter right now because I'm in the process
        of closing on a house and the thought of moving all those comics is
        exhausting.

        Anyway congrats, and have fun collecting the next 12,000.

        Patrick

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>
        wrote:

        > I crossed the 12000 mark I am officially at 12,001 comics in my
        > collection. Why am I sharing it with you all? Who the hell else is
        > going to appreciate it? LOL OK Im done sharing Have a good night.

      • Andrew Harmon
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
          I'm just over 4,000 and I gotta ask, what (if anything) do you do with those issues that aren't so in demand, even as a 50 cent sale? :)

          On Wed Aug 13 21:14 , 'dugger_rockz' sent:

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
            I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go through that again anytime soon.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
              I read them and put them in a box, when that box is full I carry it to the comic room-o-boxes.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                Congrats Dugger. Has anyone really thought about this addiction we
                call collecting. I mean, we get a weekly fix, our suppliers even give
                us "Free Samples" to pull us in, we usually start with simple stuff
                and gradually move up to "harder stuff", we are encouraged to bring in
                children and girls to get them "into collecting" and there is no
                feeling quite like finding a vintage product. I am not sure if we are
                like drug addicts or wine collectors. Given the length that a large
                number of us go to protect and store our "investments", I am going to
                go with wine collector. But, deep down inside, I know I am just a
                "comichead". This weekend, I will going to Renee for a comic fix. I
                need help! :)

                TJ

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008

                  Thanks.

                  --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

                  > I wasnt looking for anything really, I do know what you mean about
                  moving though, Ive been through it and I do not want to have to go
                  through that again anytime soon.

                • G.W.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                    Hehe. You guys actually keep track of how many you have? Geez, I'd
                    need to set aside a week of doing nothing but organizing just to
                    figure that out.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                      I've got mine all organized on comicspriceguide.com :)

                      On Thu Aug 14 12:50 , G.W. sent:

                      On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > Thanks.

                    • Chris Underwood
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                        I found this site last year.....www.comicbookrealm.com

                        It took me a while to get them all entered in. at a box per night it took a LONG while.
                        But I love it. It keeps track of what I paid for it, the condition it's in, what it's worth, and a slew of other options.
                        Best of all, it's free.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
                          Free? I so got to try it out!

                          On Thu Aug 14 15:39 , 'Chris Underwood' sent: