what the hell

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
      get these fake boobie links off here! is someone going to start a new
      group? this is getting really old.
    • donaldbain@alltel.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
        I guess word gets around that a group isn't being Modded anymore. A new group wouldn't be a bad idea.

        > From: "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>
        > Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 10:01:31 EDT
        > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [pittscomicon] what the hell
        >
        > get these fake boobie links off here! is someone going to start a new
        > group? this is getting really old.

      • Andrew Harmon
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
          I offered but I was told to wait.

          On Tue Aug 12 10:05 , sent:

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
            Hey Guys,

            I was the one asking patience out of respect for Fuko_Chan who
            originated the group. But come Thursday, it will have been 3 weeks
            since the "Spambardment" began. With that I throw up my hands. I
            leave it up to you guys to decide the best course of action. As a
            member of the Comicon Staff, we have always appreciated that this was
            a fan run site. It keeps the comments more honest and gives us better
            feedback. We don't have any desire to change it from a fan run board,
            so we leave it up to the members of the group to decide what they
            would like to do about remedying the current situation. We'll follow
            your lead. I would hope that we could return to this board and have
            it be Spam-Free because of the number of members the board has
            cultivated over the years, but until then we differ to your better
            judgement.

            Thanks,

            Patrick Thomas
            Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
          • Andrew Harmon
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
              Well I'll offer to make one but AcroRay has said he's run a 500+ group since 2001 with no spam.

              So whatever you folks want :)

              On Tue Aug 12 11:48 , 'comiconguy' sent:

[...]

            • SINically Twisted
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
                Could you block or ban the members that are posting the spam? Or maybe something in the group option settings to tighten secruity a bit?

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
                  That's just the thing. The one who can do it, hasn't been around and no one else has the authorization.

                  On Tue Aug 12 12:01 , SINically Twisted sent:

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008

                    If one of the members has the time to do a  new group I say go for it, and if someone does I ask that you let me know...lol

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
                      I'll come join too!

                      That's a total bummer about not being able to block or ban the members posting the spam or access anything in the group to change the security settings.

                      waddapissah!

                      Hey how about we spam the spammers! We'll send them a million messages on upcoming comicon events!!! LOL