Re: [pittscomicon] New Backup Group Needed?

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
      Great idea!
      I'm so tired of getting this porno spam.

      On 8/4/08, Andrew Harmon <aharmon@...> wrote:

      Hey gang,

      Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

      -Andrew

    • sjharvey9@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
        Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

        In a message dated 8/4/2008 8:38:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@... writes:
        Hey gang,

        Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

        -Andrew

      • acroraya30x
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, sjharvey9@... wrote:

          > Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

          The moderator/owner for the group should be able to ban the member by
          looking up their entry in the members list, then choosing the 'ban
          member' option.

          I always require approval for all memberships in my group. Anyone who
          can't be bothered to make a sensible statement in their application
          goes on 'moderated' status (in "Member Settings") until the prove
          they're really interested members and not spammers.

          Been running a 500+ member group since 2001, and have never had any
          spam problems.

          - AcroRay
        • uss_escort
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
            That is the problem. The Mod has seemingly abandoned the board. Both
            Patrick and I have sent the Mod emails and I know I have not received
            a reply. She has not responded to requests from members on the board.
            So, I think something has to be done.

            TJ

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "acroraya30x" <acroraya30x@...>