Re: New Backup Group Needed?

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4 7:57 AM
      I have not heard back from Fuko_Chan. However, since she may be in
      transition to school or something, I agree we should give give her a
      chance to respond. I say give her this week, if none of us hear
      anything, we will take whatever action is needed.

      Todd

      > I really don't know what's going on. I've never met mod - Fuko_Chan
      > but in the past she has always been pretty good about handling spam
      > problems fairly promptly. She maybe on vacation or away from her
      > computer. I know uss_escort sent her an email concerning the problem
      > and I don't know whether he got any response. I'll try to contact her
      > again and hopefully we can get back to a spam free environment around
      > here. But out of respect for her, since she is the originator of the
      > board, I'd wait until we here from her.
      >
      > Patrick Thomas
      > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

    • Chris Underwood
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4 8:11 AM
        Great idea!
        I'm so tired of getting this porno spam.

        On 8/4/08, Andrew Harmon <aharmon@...> wrote:

        Hey gang,

        Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

        -Andrew

      • sjharvey9@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6 4:55 PM
          Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

          In a message dated 8/4/2008 8:38:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@... writes:
          Hey gang,

          Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

          -Andrew

        • acroraya30x
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7 5:47 AM
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, sjharvey9@... wrote:

            > Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

            The moderator/owner for the group should be able to ban the member by
            looking up their entry in the members list, then choosing the 'ban
            member' option.

            I always require approval for all memberships in my group. Anyone who
            can't be bothered to make a sensible statement in their application
            goes on 'moderated' status (in "Member Settings") until the prove
            they're really interested members and not spammers.

            Been running a 500+ member group since 2001, and have never had any
            spam problems.

            - AcroRay
          • uss_escort
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7 8:11 AM
              That is the problem. The Mod has seemingly abandoned the board. Both
              Patrick and I have sent the Mod emails and I know I have not received
              a reply. She has not responded to requests from members on the board.
              So, I think something has to be done.

              TJ

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "acroraya30x" <acroraya30x@...>