Re: [pittscomicon] New Backup Group Needed?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
      Perfect. I know i couldnt do it, but i can see there are enough people that hit this group that extra Mods would take care of it.

      From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 9:56 AM

      Great question.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
        I have not heard back from Fuko_Chan. However, since she may be in
        transition to school or something, I agree we should give give her a
        chance to respond. I say give her this week, if none of us hear
        anything, we will take whatever action is needed.

        Todd

        > I really don't know what's going on. I've never met mod - Fuko_Chan
        > but in the past she has always been pretty good about handling spam
        > problems fairly promptly. She maybe on vacation or away from her
        > computer. I know uss_escort sent her an email concerning the problem
        > and I don't know whether he got any response. I'll try to contact her
        > again and hopefully we can get back to a spam free environment around
        > here. But out of respect for her, since she is the originator of the
        > board, I'd wait until we here from her.
        >
        > Patrick Thomas
        > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      • Chris Underwood
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
          Great idea!
          I'm so tired of getting this porno spam.

        • sjharvey9@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
            Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

            In a message dated 8/4/2008 8:38:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@... writes:
            Hey gang,

            Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

            -Andrew

          • acroraya30x
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, sjharvey9@... wrote:

              > Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

              The moderator/owner for the group should be able to ban the member by
              looking up their entry in the members list, then choosing the 'ban
              member' option.

              I always require approval for all memberships in my group. Anyone who
              can't be bothered to make a sensible statement in their application
              goes on 'moderated' status (in "Member Settings") until the prove
              they're really interested members and not spammers.

              Been running a 500+ member group since 2001, and have never had any
              spam problems.

              - AcroRay
            • uss_escort
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                That is the problem. The Mod has seemingly abandoned the board. Both
                Patrick and I have sent the Mod emails and I know I have not received
                a reply. She has not responded to requests from members on the board.
                So, I think something has to be done.

                TJ

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "acroraya30x" <acroraya30x@...>