Re: New Backup Group Needed?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
      I really don't know what's going on. I've never met mod - Fuko_Chan
      but in the past she has always been pretty good about handling spam
      problems fairly promptly. She maybe on vacation or away from her
      computer. I know uss_escort sent her an email concerning the problem
      and I don't know whether he got any response. I'll try to contact her
      again and hopefully we can get back to a spam free environment around
      here. But out of respect for her, since she is the originator of the
      board, I'd wait until we here from her.

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
        Perfect. I know i couldnt do it, but i can see there are enough people that hit this group that extra Mods would take care of it.

        From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
        To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 9:56 AM

        Great question.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
          I have not heard back from Fuko_Chan. However, since she may be in
          transition to school or something, I agree we should give give her a
          chance to respond. I say give her this week, if none of us hear
          anything, we will take whatever action is needed.

          Todd

          > I really don't know what's going on. I've never met mod - Fuko_Chan
          > but in the past she has always been pretty good about handling spam
          > problems fairly promptly. She maybe on vacation or away from her
          > computer. I know uss_escort sent her an email concerning the problem
          > and I don't know whether he got any response. I'll try to contact her
          > again and hopefully we can get back to a spam free environment around
          > here. But out of respect for her, since she is the originator of the
          > board, I'd wait until we here from her.
          >
          > Patrick Thomas
          > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

        • Chris Underwood
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2008
            Great idea!
            I'm so tired of getting this porno spam.

          • sjharvey9@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
              Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

              In a message dated 8/4/2008 8:38:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@... writes:
              Hey gang,

              Due to the recent influx of spam I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of me creating a temporary or backup group until things get sorted out with this current group? To clarify, I'm in no way trying to hijack anything. I'm just a simple Con goer who enjoys this group and the event it's associated with. Anyway, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea, let me know.

              -Andrew

            • acroraya30x
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, sjharvey9@... wrote:

                > Can't we just block the person that's sending this crap?

                The moderator/owner for the group should be able to ban the member by
                looking up their entry in the members list, then choosing the 'ban
                member' option.

                I always require approval for all memberships in my group. Anyone who
                can't be bothered to make a sensible statement in their application
                goes on 'moderated' status (in "Member Settings") until the prove
                they're really interested members and not spammers.

                Been running a 500+ member group since 2001, and have never had any
                spam problems.

                - AcroRay
              • uss_escort
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                  That is the problem. The Mod has seemingly abandoned the board. Both
                  Patrick and I have sent the Mod emails and I know I have not received
                  a reply. She has not responded to requests from members on the board.
                  So, I think something has to be done.

                  TJ

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "acroraya30x" <acroraya30x@...>