Re: New Con in Ohio coming in October...

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
      Cool! Thanks for the tip...this sounds right up my
      alley...lots of Batman stuff! I'm there!!
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Brandys Dad"
      <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

      > I dont know how many of you may be interested in this as its more
      of a
      > pop culture con then a purely comic con, but there is a new con
      thats
      > going to have it's inaugural go around October 17th - October 19th
      in
      > Niles, Ohio (just outside of Youngstown).
      >
      > For those of us that grew up on the 60's Batman series, there will
      be
      > Adam West, Yvonne Craig and Julie Newmar present (Batman, Batgirl
      and
      > Catwoman respectively) as well as the 66 Batmobile and Batcopter
      > scheduled at the moment. Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and Peter
      Mayhew
      > (Chewie) from Star Wars, Margot Kidder (Lois Lane) and Sarah Douglas
      > (Ursa) to help celebrate 30 years of Superman The Movie.
      >
      > Prices are not bad at all with $25 for the base weekend pass up to a
      > $125 weekend Platinum Pass. My wife and I already have our hotel
      > reservations and tickets for the weekend.
      >
      > This might be a fun con to check out that half way point between
      > Pittsburgh cons if you're interested.
      >
      > Here's the site: http://www.screamingtikicon.com
      >
      > I even love the name, Screaming Tiki...of course considering my
      > wardrobe consists mainly of Hawaiian shirts I may be a bit biased.

    • Joe Patrick
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
        If you can afford it, then check out the $100 banquet with the Batman folks there... we got our tickets for that as well as the general weekend pass.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2008
          Not sure yet if I'm going to stay for weekend, may only hit it one
          day (Sat) so the banquet may be out for me. Plus I already planned
          for the Baltimore show. But who knows, if the wife doesnt kill
          me........maybe :) --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Joe Patrick
          <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

          > If you can afford it, then check out the $100 banquet with the
          Batman folks there... we got our tickets for that as well as the
          general weekend pass.

        • Brandys Dad
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2008
            On the forum boards for Tikicon, they've also announced Lee
            Merriwether will also be attending along with Julie Newmar, so that
            will make 2 of the 3 60's Catwomen there.

            Also just announced Noel Neil (the original tv Lois Lane) will also be
            attending the Con. I loved her cameo at the start of Superman Returns
            as the old woman that Lex marries to get her money.

            This is shaping up to be an interesting con and could be a nice
            compliment to the Pittsburgh show coming right 6 months after the last
            Pittsburgh show and 6 months before the next one giving us two decent
            Cons in the area.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"