Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Tom Savini

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
      You crystalized my very thoughts

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Shawn Williams <kwip@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:46:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Tom Savini

      He's famous?

      On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM, paul s. brittain <psbritt@cvzoom. net> wrote:
      > Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for
      > them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about
      > the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs
      > it?

    • briantlaslo
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
        $25?? Where?

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, jencomx3@... wrote:

        > whether he was doing it for that or not my godson paid 100 bucks for
        that
        > book and paid him 25 bucks to sign it ... he should have asked where
        to sign it
        > and if he wanted it to be personalized.

        > fuel-efficient used cars.

      • divinedelphi00
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 3 10:01 PM
          I personally attended Tom Savinis' school and attended a few comic cons with him, and have run into him more than my fair share of times. He's a bit of a goof, but I think he's an okay guy when it comes to it. Yeah, he does some things I don't necessarily approve of, but I mean, who is perfect? Also, to the best of my knowledge, Tom doesn't have a shop anymore, he's said that he's not working on fx anymore, just his acting. He even brought in a copy of 'Lost Boys II' for us to watch when it came out. The Savini school is in Monesson, PA though.

        • jencomx3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 4 7:28 AM
            He might be the greatest guy in the world, he was just an ass to get paid money for an autograph then sign it in a place where, unless you shine a light on it at a certain angle, you won't even see the signature. I work in the comics industry at http://www.comicon.com/pulse . I've met a lot of people more and less famous than Savini and I have never come across anyone who was paid to sign something who didn't first ask, "Where would you like that signature?" IF he's at Pittsburgh this September, I probably will have words with him. I think he owes him a signature where it can be viewed for free and an apology.

            Jen

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 4 3:16 PM
              WOW someone went back aways for this one, but once again I agree with you, and I too think he is a ass, I hope you get that autograph.