Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Tom Savini

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
      he shouldve spoke up, Im a big hulking man too and believe you me, id have mentioned it. you and your son arent here to take anyones crap and savini gave you crap.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
        LOL famous is a strong word, I think he is a goof an got lucky. You keep at it, keep writing, it seems  that you have a better head on your shoulders  than Savini

        Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs it?

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
          You crystalized my very thoughts

          > Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for
          > them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about
          > the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs
          > it?

        • briantlaslo
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
            $25?? Where?

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, jencomx3@... wrote:

            > whether he was doing it for that or not my godson paid 100 bucks for
            that
            > book and paid him 25 bucks to sign it ... he should have asked where
            to sign it
            > and if he wanted it to be personalized.

            > fuel-efficient used cars.

          • divinedelphi00
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 3 10:01 PM
              I personally attended Tom Savinis' school and attended a few comic cons with him, and have run into him more than my fair share of times. He's a bit of a goof, but I think he's an okay guy when it comes to it. Yeah, he does some things I don't necessarily approve of, but I mean, who is perfect? Also, to the best of my knowledge, Tom doesn't have a shop anymore, he's said that he's not working on fx anymore, just his acting. He even brought in a copy of 'Lost Boys II' for us to watch when it came out. The Savini school is in Monesson, PA though.

            • jencomx3@aol.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 4 7:28 AM
                He might be the greatest guy in the world, he was just an ass to get paid money for an autograph then sign it in a place where, unless you shine a light on it at a certain angle, you won't even see the signature. I work in the comics industry at http://www.comicon.com/pulse . I've met a lot of people more and less famous than Savini and I have never come across anyone who was paid to sign something who didn't first ask, "Where would you like that signature?" IF he's at Pittsburgh this September, I probably will have words with him. I think he owes him a signature where it can be viewed for free and an apology.

                Jen

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 4 3:16 PM
                  WOW someone went back aways for this one, but once again I agree with you, and I too think he is a ass, I hope you get that autograph.