Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Tom Savini

  • jencomx3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
      In a message dated 7/9/2008 8:07:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:
      Id like to go on the record as saying Savini is without a doubt a huge snapperhead, next time the kid sees him, he should bust Savini right across the melon with the book.
      He's not a kid :)

      He's kind of my "godson in law" he married my Goddaughter.  (I'm only 10 years older than them)

      He's like 26 years old ... and a big HULKING man. You wouldn't think Tom would have just done that with this big guy staring him in the face.  And what could you do when, before you even have a chance to react, you hand him the money, he just pulls out a black marker,  and scribbles faster than the speed of light on the black cover?

      I didn't learn about this until we were on the way home from the con.  I think he was afraid of the words I'd "have" for Tom.

      Jen

    • paul s. brittain
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
        Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs it?

        Id like to go on the record as saying Savini is without a doubt a huge snapperhead, next time the kid sees him, he should bust Savini right across the melon with the book.
        He's not a kid :)

        He's kind of my "godson in law" he married my Goddaughter.  (I'm only 10 years older than them)

        He's like 26 years old ... and a big HULKING man. You wouldn't think Tom would have just done that with this big guy staring him in the face.  And what could you do when, before you even have a chance to react, you hand him the money, he just pulls out a black marker,  and scribbles faster than the speed of light on the black cover?

        I didn't learn about this until we were on the way home from the con.  I think he was afraid of the words I'd "have" for Tom.

        Jen

        Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!

      • jencomx3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
          In a message dated 7/10/2008 10:56:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, psbritt@... writes:
          Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs it?
          very sad :0(
          Jen

        • Shawn Williams
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
            He's famous?

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
              he shouldve spoke up, Im a big hulking man too and believe you me, id have mentioned it. you and your son arent here to take anyones crap and savini gave you crap.

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                LOL famous is a strong word, I think he is a goof an got lucky. You keep at it, keep writing, it seems  that you have a better head on your shoulders  than Savini

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                  You crystalized my very thoughts

                  > Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for
                  > them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about
                  > the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs
                  > it?

                • briantlaslo
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                    $25?? Where?

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, jencomx3@... wrote:

                    > whether he was doing it for that or not my godson paid 100 bucks for
                    that
                    > book and paid him 25 bucks to sign it ... he should have asked where
                    to sign it
                    > and if he wanted it to be personalized.

                    > fuel-efficient used cars.

                  • divinedelphi00
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 3, 2009
                      I personally attended Tom Savinis' school and attended a few comic cons with him, and have run into him more than my fair share of times. He's a bit of a goof, but I think he's an okay guy when it comes to it. Yeah, he does some things I don't necessarily approve of, but I mean, who is perfect? Also, to the best of my knowledge, Tom doesn't have a shop anymore, he's said that he's not working on fx anymore, just his acting. He even brought in a copy of 'Lost Boys II' for us to watch when it came out. The Savini school is in Monesson, PA though.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 4, 2009
                        He might be the greatest guy in the world, he was just an ass to get paid money for an autograph then sign it in a place where, unless you shine a light on it at a certain angle, you won't even see the signature. I work in the comics industry at http://www.comicon.com/pulse . I've met a lot of people more and less famous than Savini and I have never come across anyone who was paid to sign something who didn't first ask, "Where would you like that signature?" IF he's at Pittsburgh this September, I probably will have words with him. I think he owes him a signature where it can be viewed for free and an apology.

                        Jen

                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 4, 2009
                          WOW someone went back aways for this one, but once again I agree with you, and I too think he is a ass, I hope you get that autograph.