Re: Tom Savini

  • briantlaslo
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
      that's really weird. I have only met him three or four times, but
      every time he has been really nice.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "oldskoolgraff"
      <oldskoolgraff@...> wrote:

      > Ok I've been wondering Why Savini is such an asshole to his fans? I
      > mean I've met him quite a few times at cons and also on the street,
      > Ant to me it seems like he doesn't want to be bothered by the very
      > people that love the movies he has worked on. It just gets to me what
      > an asshole he is. has anyone else endured the savini asshole syndrome?

    • PyroArrow
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
        Nice enough to have even had chat with my grandma when he
         takes his neighborhood walk.

        that's really weird. I have only met him three or four times, but
        every time he has been really nice.

      • Sam.C.
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
          maybe I'm judging him to harshly.He could have been having a bad day or any number of things..

          <oldskoolgraff@ ...> wrote:

          > Ok I've been wondering Why Savini is such an asshole to his fans? I
          > mean I've met him quite a few times at cons and also on the street,
          > Ant to me it seems like he doesn't want to be bothered by the very
          > people that love the movies he has worked on. It just gets to me what
          > an asshole he is. has anyone else endured the savini asshole syndrome?

          the one and only TRUE Godzilla Fan.

          Sam.C.
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 8, 2008
            where is his shop? i see a place in sharpsburgh with their doors open all the time and inside they are making all kinda masks and stuff. often wondered if that was his place?

          • jencomx3@aol.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 8, 2008
              well I know he was kind of rude to my godson. he has the Camp Crystal Lake book the limited edition one with the black cover and paid to have Tom sign it.  Tom pulled out a black marker and signed his name ON the black cover instead of the inside where you could actually see it ....

              Jen

            • PyroArrow
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 8, 2008
                Ha Ha, Have you ever Seen, the Movie, "Spinal Tap"!
                That may be why he went & signed it on the Black part!

              • PyroArrow
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 8, 2008
                  not sure where his shop is, a buddy of mine told me about
                  it once & we went looking for it.

                • jencomx3@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 8, 2008
                    whether he was doing it for that or not my godson paid 100 bucks for that book and paid him 25 bucks to sign it ... he should have asked where to sign it and if he wanted it to be personalized.

                  • paul s. brittain
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 9, 2008
                      I for one agree. That's a huge hunk of cash to invest- especially for a young person.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 9, 2008

                        Id like to go on the record as saying Savini is without a doubt a huge snapperhead, next time the kid sees himhe should bust Savini right across the melon with the book.
                        But that  folks is just one mans opinion.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 9, 2008
                          Make sure it's filmed, then Tommy can include it
                          in whatever movie he's doing at the time!

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 9, 2008

                            LOL yeah, where are these big blockbusters anyway?

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                              In a message dated 7/9/2008 8:07:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:
                              Id like to go on the record as saying Savini is without a doubt a huge snapperhead, next time the kid sees him, he should bust Savini right across the melon with the book.
                              He's not a kid :)

                              He's kind of my "godson in law" he married my Goddaughter.  (I'm only 10 years older than them)

                              He's like 26 years old ... and a big HULKING man. You wouldn't think Tom would have just done that with this big guy staring him in the face.  And what could you do when, before you even have a chance to react, you hand him the money, he just pulls out a black marker,  and scribbles faster than the speed of light on the black cover?

                              I didn't learn about this until we were on the way home from the con.  I think he was afraid of the words I'd "have" for Tom.

                              Jen

                            • paul s. brittain
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs it?

                                Id like to go on the record as saying Savini is without a doubt a huge snapperhead, next time the kid sees him, he should bust Savini right across the melon with the book.
                                He's not a kid :)

                                He's kind of my "godson in law" he married my Goddaughter.  (I'm only 10 years older than them)

                                He's like 26 years old ... and a big HULKING man. You wouldn't think Tom would have just done that with this big guy staring him in the face.  And what could you do when, before you even have a chance to react, you hand him the money, he just pulls out a black marker,  and scribbles faster than the speed of light on the black cover?

                                I didn't learn about this until we were on the way home from the con.  I think he was afraid of the words I'd "have" for Tom.

                                Jen

                                Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!

                              • jencomx3@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                  In a message dated 7/10/2008 10:56:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, psbritt@... writes:
                                  Gee, as a writer, I'd be thrilled to have people ask me to sign my books for them. I guess that's what happens when one becomes famous and forgets about the regular people. If that's what fame and big money do to you, who needs it?
                                  very sad :0(
                                  Jen

                                • Shawn Williams
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                    He's famous?

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                      he shouldve spoke up, Im a big hulking man too and believe you me, id have mentioned it. you and your son arent here to take anyones crap and savini gave you crap.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                        LOL famous is a strong word, I think he is a goof an got lucky. You keep at it, keep writing, it seems  that you have a better head on your shoulders  than Savini

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
                                          You crystalized my very thoughts

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                                            $25?? Where?

                                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, jencomx3@... wrote:

                                            > whether he was doing it for that or not my godson paid 100 bucks for
                                            that
                                            > book and paid him 25 bucks to sign it ... he should have asked where
                                            to sign it
                                            > and if he wanted it to be personalized.

                                            > fuel-efficient used cars.

                                          • divinedelphi00
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 3, 2009
                                              I personally attended Tom Savinis' school and attended a few comic cons with him, and have run into him more than my fair share of times. He's a bit of a goof, but I think he's an okay guy when it comes to it. Yeah, he does some things I don't necessarily approve of, but I mean, who is perfect? Also, to the best of my knowledge, Tom doesn't have a shop anymore, he's said that he's not working on fx anymore, just his acting. He even brought in a copy of 'Lost Boys II' for us to watch when it came out. The Savini school is in Monesson, PA though.

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 4, 2009
                                                He might be the greatest guy in the world, he was just an ass to get paid money for an autograph then sign it in a place where, unless you shine a light on it at a certain angle, you won't even see the signature. I work in the comics industry at http://www.comicon.com/pulse . I've met a lot of people more and less famous than Savini and I have never come across anyone who was paid to sign something who didn't first ask, "Where would you like that signature?" IF he's at Pittsburgh this September, I probably will have words with him. I think he owes him a signature where it can be viewed for free and an apology.

                                                Jen

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 4, 2009
                                                  WOW someone went back aways for this one, but once again I agree with you, and I too think he is a ass, I hope you get that autograph.