Re: [pittscomicon] Re: no more cons at expo mart?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
      I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if not the Expomart?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 7:50 PM
        Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
        posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

        Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
        will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
        year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
        has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
        upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
        location.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1 7:53 PM
          That kind of sucks, But I will be at the last show. SO. Now where the hell is any future cool things gonna be, and how big a pain in my arse is it gonna be for me to get there.

          Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
          posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

          Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
          will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
          year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
          has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
          upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
          location.
          -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

          > I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if
          not the Expomart?

          ...>

        • Maya
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7 7:15 PM
            >I know this does suck, So what the plan? Now I have no problem going
            downtown to the Covention center. I know that it's easier to get to
            monroeville. And I'll miss the Expo Mart? And...... I know that in
            other states the Comicon book convention is held in Downtown of a big
            city. This met help us bring in more people from out of state and
            Double tree hotel is a fine hotel to have guest. And maybe we could
            try to have a parade. It Downtown Pittsburgh met be the best idea for
            all.