Re: no more cons at expo mart?

  • George Wiggins
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
      being a comic fan from around the Canonsburg area, i'll be glad to
      see the comic con come closer to home. Travelling to Monroeville was
      a little far for me.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

      http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html
      ?
      > > > ana=from_rss
      > > >

      > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
      Crafts
      > > Holiday
      > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
      said he
      > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
      have been
      > > canceled."
      > >
      > > found here....
      > >
      > > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
      > > s_572269.ht
      > > ml

    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
        Well I read the link provided and in it it said "The ExpoMart and
        its 106,000-square-foot conference room are facing possible
        renovations this fall and will remain open through October." No where
        in it did it say that it was the end of the Expomart. I agree it is
        pause for concern but can't see how we make the leap that it is going
        to be all office space and the show needs to relocate. I'm sure the
        good people who put on the show will let us know asap so we can make
        plans for next year........I'm betting its at the Expomart.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "George Wiggins" <gcwiggs@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
          I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if not the Expomart?

          ymailto="mailto:pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com">pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "theodore palmer"

          > turned into
          > behind
          > > > this?

          http://www.bizjourn als.com/pittsbur gh/stories/ 2008/06/09/ daily31.html
          > ?
          > > > >

          > > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
          > Crafts

          Holiday
          > > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
          > said he
          > > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
          > have been
          > > > canceled."
          > > >
          > > > found here....
          > > >
          > > > http://www.pittsbur ghlive.com/ x/pittsburghtrib /news/mostread/
          > > > s_572269.ht
          > > > ml

        • batmiteforever
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
            Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
            posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

            Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
            will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
            year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
            has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
            upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
            location.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
              That kind of sucks, But I will be at the last show. SO. Now where the hell is any future cool things gonna be, and how big a pain in my arse is it gonna be for me to get there.

              Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
              posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

              Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
              will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
              year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
              has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
              upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
              location.
              -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

              > I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if
              not the Expomart?

              ...>

            • Maya
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2008
                >I know this does suck, So what the plan? Now I have no problem going
                downtown to the Covention center. I know that it's easier to get to
                monroeville. And I'll miss the Expo Mart? And...... I know that in
                other states the Comicon book convention is held in Downtown of a big
                city. This met help us bring in more people from out of state and
                Double tree hotel is a fine hotel to have guest. And maybe we could
                try to have a parade. It Downtown Pittsburgh met be the best idea for
                all.