Re: no more cons at expo mart?

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2008
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "theodore palmer"
      <punkrockteddy@...> wrote:

      > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
      > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?

      Just let it be noted for the record that *I* didn't say it this time...

      That is all,

      Rich
    • George Wiggins
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
        being a comic fan from around the Canonsburg area, i'll be glad to
        see the comic con come closer to home. Travelling to Monroeville was
        a little far for me.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

        http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html
        ?
        > > > ana=from_rss
        > > >

        > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
        Crafts
        > > Holiday
        > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
        said he
        > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
        have been
        > > canceled."
        > >
        > > found here....
        > >
        > > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
        > > s_572269.ht
        > > ml

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
          Well I read the link provided and in it it said "The ExpoMart and
          its 106,000-square-foot conference room are facing possible
          renovations this fall and will remain open through October." No where
          in it did it say that it was the end of the Expomart. I agree it is
          pause for concern but can't see how we make the leap that it is going
          to be all office space and the show needs to relocate. I'm sure the
          good people who put on the show will let us know asap so we can make
          plans for next year........I'm betting its at the Expomart.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "George Wiggins" <gcwiggs@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
            I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if not the Expomart?

            ymailto="mailto:pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com">pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "theodore palmer"

            > turned into
            > behind
            > > > this?

            http://www.bizjourn als.com/pittsbur gh/stories/ 2008/06/09/ daily31.html
            > ?
            > > > >

            > > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
            > Crafts

            Holiday
            > > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
            > said he
            > > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
            > have been
            > > > canceled."
            > > >
            > > > found here....
            > > >
            > > > http://www.pittsbur ghlive.com/ x/pittsburghtrib /news/mostread/
            > > > s_572269.ht
            > > > ml

          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
              Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
              posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

              Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
              will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
              year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
              has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
              upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
              location.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
                That kind of sucks, But I will be at the last show. SO. Now where the hell is any future cool things gonna be, and how big a pain in my arse is it gonna be for me to get there.

                Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
                posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

                Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
                will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
                year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
                has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
                upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
                location.
                -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

                > I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if
                not the Expomart?

                ...>

              • Maya
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 7, 2008
                  >I know this does suck, So what the plan? Now I have no problem going
                  downtown to the Covention center. I know that it's easier to get to
                  monroeville. And I'll miss the Expo Mart? And...... I know that in
                  other states the Comicon book convention is held in Downtown of a big
                  city. This met help us bring in more people from out of state and
                  Double tree hotel is a fine hotel to have guest. And maybe we could
                  try to have a parade. It Downtown Pittsburgh met be the best idea for
                  all.