Re: [pittscomicon] Re: no more cons at expo mart?

  • Donald Hargnett
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2008
      Monroeville is a lot easier to get to and around for me. Hate to see
      the toy show end up downtown. I wonder if they'd consider the expo
      hall behind westmoreland mall in Greensburg?

      On Jun 27, 2008, at 8:32 PM, ducky1560 wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "theodore palmer"
      > > <punkrockteddy@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
      > > > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind
      > this?
      > > >
      > > announcement of sale at following link....
      > >

      > http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html?
      > > ana=from_rss
      > >

      > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and Crafts
      > Holiday
      > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart, said he
      > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1 have been
      > canceled."
      >
      > found here....
      >
      > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
      > s_572269.ht
      > ml

    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2008
        <punkrockteddy@...> wrote:

        > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
        > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?

        Just let it be noted for the record that *I* didn't say it this time...

        That is all,

        Rich
      • George Wiggins
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
          being a comic fan from around the Canonsburg area, i'll be glad to
          see the comic con come closer to home. Travelling to Monroeville was
          a little far for me.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

          ?
          > > > ana=from_rss
          > > >

          > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
          Crafts
          > > Holiday
          > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
          said he
          > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
          have been
          > > canceled."
          > >
          > > found here....
          > >
          > > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
          > > s_572269.ht
          > > ml

        • batmiteforever
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
            Well I read the link provided and in it it said "The ExpoMart and
            its 106,000-square-foot conference room are facing possible
            renovations this fall and will remain open through October." No where
            in it did it say that it was the end of the Expomart. I agree it is
            pause for concern but can't see how we make the leap that it is going
            to be all office space and the show needs to relocate. I'm sure the
            good people who put on the show will let us know asap so we can make
            plans for next year........I'm betting its at the Expomart.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "George Wiggins" <gcwiggs@...>

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
              I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if not the Expomart?

              ymailto="mailto:pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com">pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "theodore palmer"

              > turned into
              > behind
              > > > this?

              http://www.bizjourn als.com/pittsbur gh/stories/ 2008/06/09/ daily31.html
              > ?
              > > > >

              > > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
              > Crafts

              Holiday
              > > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
              > said he
              > > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
              > have been
              > > > canceled."
              > > >
              > > > found here....
              > > >
              > > > http://www.pittsbur ghlive.com/ x/pittsburghtrib /news/mostread/
              > > > s_572269.ht
              > > > ml

            • batmiteforever
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
                Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
                posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

                Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
                will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
                year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
                has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
                upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
                location.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
                  That kind of sucks, But I will be at the last show. SO. Now where the hell is any future cool things gonna be, and how big a pain in my arse is it gonna be for me to get there.

                  Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
                  posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

                  Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
                  will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
                  year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
                  has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
                  upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
                  location.
                  -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

                  > I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if
                  not the Expomart?

                  ...>

                • Maya
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 7, 2008
                    >I know this does suck, So what the plan? Now I have no problem going
                    downtown to the Covention center. I know that it's easier to get to
                    monroeville. And I'll miss the Expo Mart? And...... I know that in
                    other states the Comicon book convention is held in Downtown of a big
                    city. This met help us bring in more people from out of state and
                    Double tree hotel is a fine hotel to have guest. And maybe we could
                    try to have a parade. It Downtown Pittsburgh met be the best idea for
                    all.