no more cons at expo mart?

  • theodore palmer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2008
      word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
      all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?
    • ducky1560
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 27, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "theodore palmer"
        <punkrockteddy@...> wrote:

        > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
        > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?

        announcement of sale at following link....

        http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html?
        ana=from_rss
      • ducky1560
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 27, 2008
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...> wrote:

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "theodore palmer"
          > <punkrockteddy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
          > > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?
          > >
          > announcement of sale at following link....
          >
          > http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html?
          > ana=from_rss

          "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and Crafts Holiday
          Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart, said he
          was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1 have been
          canceled."

          found here....

          http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_572269.ht
          ml
        • Donald Hargnett
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 27, 2008
            Monroeville is a lot easier to get to and around for me. Hate to see
            the toy show end up downtown. I wonder if they'd consider the expo
            hall behind westmoreland mall in Greensburg?

            On Jun 27, 2008, at 8:32 PM, ducky1560 wrote:

            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "theodore palmer"
            > > <punkrockteddy@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
            > > > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind
            > this?
            > > >
            > > announcement of sale at following link....
            > >

            > http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/06/09/daily31.html?
            > > ana=from_rss
            > >

            > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and Crafts
            > Holiday
            > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart, said he
            > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1 have been
            > canceled."
            >
            > found here....
            >
            > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
            > s_572269.ht
            > ml

          • axxinjaxxin
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 28, 2008
              <punkrockteddy@...> wrote:

              > word is that the expo mart was sold and is going to be turned into
              > all offices, no more conventions? anyone have any facts behind this?

              Just let it be noted for the record that *I* didn't say it this time...

              That is all,

              Rich
            • George Wiggins
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
                being a comic fan from around the Canonsburg area, i'll be glad to
                see the comic con come closer to home. Travelling to Monroeville was
                a little far for me.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

                ?
                > > > ana=from_rss
                > > >

                > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
                Crafts
                > > Holiday
                > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
                said he
                > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
                have been
                > > canceled."
                > >
                > > found here....
                > >
                > > http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/
                > > s_572269.ht
                > > ml

              • batmiteforever
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
                  Well I read the link provided and in it it said "The ExpoMart and
                  its 106,000-square-foot conference room are facing possible
                  renovations this fall and will remain open through October." No where
                  in it did it say that it was the end of the Expomart. I agree it is
                  pause for concern but can't see how we make the leap that it is going
                  to be all office space and the show needs to relocate. I'm sure the
                  good people who put on the show will let us know asap so we can make
                  plans for next year........I'm betting its at the Expomart.

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "George Wiggins" <gcwiggs@...>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
                    I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if not the Expomart?

                    ymailto="mailto:pittscomicon%40yahoogroups.com">pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "theodore palmer"

                    > turned into
                    > behind
                    > > > this?

                    http://www.bizjourn als.com/pittsbur gh/stories/ 2008/06/09/ daily31.html
                    > ?
                    > > > >

                    > > > "Jack Tighe, a vendor at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts and
                    > Crafts

                    Holiday
                    > > > Spectacular, which was scheduled Nov. 21-23 at the ExpoMart,
                    > said he
                    > > > was informed that the show and others scheduled after Nov. 1
                    > have been
                    > > > canceled."
                    > > >
                    > > > found here....
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.pittsbur ghlive.com/ x/pittsburghtrib /news/mostread/
                    > > > s_572269.ht
                    > > > ml

                  • batmiteforever
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 1 7:50 PM
                      Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
                      posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

                      Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
                      will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
                      year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
                      has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
                      upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
                      location.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 1 7:53 PM
                        That kind of sucks, But I will be at the last show. SO. Now where the hell is any future cool things gonna be, and how big a pain in my arse is it gonna be for me to get there.

                        Ok...well I went to Steel City con's website and they have this
                        posted -NO MORE SHOWS OF ANY KIND AT THE MONROEVILLE EXPOMART!

                        Oxford Development, the company that owns the Monroeville Expomart
                        will be turning the building over to a third party in October of this
                        year. This third party is converting the Expomart to office space and
                        has no interest in having shows of any kind in the future. Thus, this
                        upcoming July Steel City Con will be our last show in the Monroeville
                        location.
                        -- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

                        > I feel the same way. But One must wonder where would it be at if
                        not the Expomart?

                      • Maya
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 7 7:15 PM
                          >I know this does suck, So what the plan? Now I have no problem going
                          downtown to the Covention center. I know that it's easier to get to
                          monroeville. And I'll miss the Expo Mart? And...... I know that in
                          other states the Comicon book convention is held in Downtown of a big
                          city. This met help us bring in more people from out of state and
                          Double tree hotel is a fine hotel to have guest. And maybe we could
                          try to have a parade. It Downtown Pittsburgh met be the best idea for
                          all.