Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*

  • Sam.C.
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
      I was there as well. I have to agree with you. It was overpriced and alot of the stars didn't even show. The only high point fir me was meeting Bill Mosley andWilliam forsythe.

      dugger_rockz <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
      If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
      pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
      nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
      sucked.

      Keepin you posted

      Dugger

      the one and only TRUE Godzilla Fan.

      Sam.C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
        Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
        Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

      • donaldbain@alltel.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
          Which stars didn't show?

          > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
          > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
          > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
          >
          > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
          > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

        • Sam.C.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
            Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes

            donaldbain@... wrote:
            Which stars didn't show?

            > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
            > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
            > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
            > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
            >
            > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
            > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

          • Kirisawa Fuko
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
              Thanks for the info! I'm glad I didn't go, although I was considering
              it. I was worried when they never updated the page to list any info
              for Mewes and some other guests. I wonder if the mall screening of the
              movie ended up going down or not? It seemed like a cool idea, but I
              heard they were having problems with it.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sam.C." <oldskoolgraff@...> wrote:

              > Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes
              >
              > donaldbain@... wrote: Which stars didn't
              show?

              > > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
              > > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
              > > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
              > >
              > > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
              > > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

            • PyroArrow
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                ok, did anyone get a chance to also attend the Monster Bash?
                How was that one?

              • Sam.C.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                    Anything would have been better than Horror Hound, enemas hold more excitement than Horror Hound, HA!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                      Horror Hound did indeed SUCK. $20 admission and they only screened 3
                      movies on Saturday, and the Savini-thon that was listed as part of
                      admission was an EXTRA $8. we went to watch the movie and was told it
                      was an extra 8 bucks, depsite no mention of that on their site or
                      their flyer. very very shady!

                      Monster Bash on the other hand is an awesome con, if you like the old
                      school B/W horror. tons of movies being screened all weekend into the
                      late night, Q&As with actors, small dealer room but tons of fun and
                      run by people who really seem to have a love for this.