Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
      all I can tell you is I was there for about 20 minutes and I seen and talked to all vendors and guests. It was weak and at 20 bucks a head way over priced. I will not make the same mistake twice. Im really glad the Steel City Con is gonna be there the end of July.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
        I was there as well. I have to agree with you. It was overpriced and alot of the stars didn't even show. The only high point fir me was meeting Bill Mosley andWilliam forsythe.

        dugger_rockz <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
        If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
        pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
        nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
        sucked.

        Keepin you posted

        Dugger

        the one and only TRUE Godzilla Fan.

        Sam.C.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
          Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
          Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

        • donaldbain@alltel.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
            Which stars didn't show?

            > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
            > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
            > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
            >
            > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
            > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

          • Sam.C.
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
              Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes

              donaldbain@... wrote:
              Which stars didn't show?

              > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
              > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
              > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
              > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
              >
              > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
              > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

            • Kirisawa Fuko
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                Thanks for the info! I'm glad I didn't go, although I was considering
                it. I was worried when they never updated the page to list any info
                for Mewes and some other guests. I wonder if the mall screening of the
                movie ended up going down or not? It seemed like a cool idea, but I
                heard they were having problems with it.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sam.C." <oldskoolgraff@...> wrote:

                > Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes
                >
                > donaldbain@... wrote: Which stars didn't
                show?

                > > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
                > > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                > > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                > >
                > > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                > > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

              • PyroArrow
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                  ok, did anyone get a chance to also attend the Monster Bash?
                  How was that one?

                • Sam.C.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                      Anything would have been better than Horror Hound, enemas hold more excitement than Horror Hound, HA!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                        Horror Hound did indeed SUCK. $20 admission and they only screened 3
                        movies on Saturday, and the Savini-thon that was listed as part of
                        admission was an EXTRA $8. we went to watch the movie and was told it
                        was an extra 8 bucks, depsite no mention of that on their site or
                        their flyer. very very shady!

                        Monster Bash on the other hand is an awesome con, if you like the old
                        school B/W horror. tons of movies being screened all weekend into the
                        late night, Q&As with actors, small dealer room but tons of fun and
                        run by people who really seem to have a love for this.