Re: Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*

  • briantlaslo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
      it seemed like an okay lineup of guests. What happened? Everybody
      cancel? I was thinking of making a weekend of it by seeing the charity
      serenity screening on Saturday and checking out the horror event, but
      my company had other plans for me

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
        all I can tell you is I was there for about 20 minutes and I seen and talked to all vendors and guests. It was weak and at 20 bucks a head way over priced. I will not make the same mistake twice. Im really glad the Steel City Con is gonna be there the end of July.

        wrote:

        > If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
        > pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
        > nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
        > sucked.
        >
        > Keepin you posted
        >
        > Dugger

      • Sam.C.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
          I was there as well. I have to agree with you. It was overpriced and alot of the stars didn't even show. The only high point fir me was meeting Bill Mosley andWilliam forsythe.

          dugger_rockz <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
          If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
          pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
          nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
          sucked.

          Keepin you posted

          Dugger

          the one and only TRUE Godzilla Fan.

          Sam.C.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
            Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
            Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

          • donaldbain@alltel.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
              Which stars didn't show?

              > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
              > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
              > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
              >
              > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
              > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

            • Sam.C.
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
                Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes

                donaldbain@... wrote:
                Which stars didn't show?

                > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
                > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                >
                > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

              • Kirisawa Fuko
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                  Thanks for the info! I'm glad I didn't go, although I was considering
                  it. I was worried when they never updated the page to list any info
                  for Mewes and some other guests. I wonder if the mall screening of the
                  movie ended up going down or not? It seemed like a cool idea, but I
                  heard they were having problems with it.

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sam.C." <oldskoolgraff@...> wrote:

                  > Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes
                  >
                  > donaldbain@... wrote: Which stars didn't
                  show?

                  > > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
                  > > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                  > > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                  > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                  > >
                  > > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                  > > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

                • PyroArrow
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                    ok, did anyone get a chance to also attend the Monster Bash?
                    How was that one?

                  • Sam.C.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                        Anything would have been better than Horror Hound, enemas hold more excitement than Horror Hound, HA!

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                          Horror Hound did indeed SUCK. $20 admission and they only screened 3
                          movies on Saturday, and the Savini-thon that was listed as part of
                          admission was an EXTRA $8. we went to watch the movie and was told it
                          was an extra 8 bucks, depsite no mention of that on their site or
                          their flyer. very very shady!

                          Monster Bash on the other hand is an awesome con, if you like the old
                          school B/W horror. tons of movies being screened all weekend into the
                          late night, Q&As with actors, small dealer room but tons of fun and
                          run by people who really seem to have a love for this.