Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 21, 2008
      If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
      pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
      nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
      sucked.

      Keepin you posted

      Dugger
    • briantlaslo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
        it seemed like an okay lineup of guests. What happened? Everybody
        cancel? I was thinking of making a weekend of it by seeing the charity
        serenity screening on Saturday and checking out the horror event, but
        my company had other plans for me

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...>

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
          all I can tell you is I was there for about 20 minutes and I seen and talked to all vendors and guests. It was weak and at 20 bucks a head way over priced. I will not make the same mistake twice. Im really glad the Steel City Con is gonna be there the end of July.

          wrote:

          > If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
          > pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
          > nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
          > sucked.
          >
          > Keepin you posted
          >
          > Dugger

        • Sam.C.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
            I was there as well. I have to agree with you. It was overpriced and alot of the stars didn't even show. The only high point fir me was meeting Bill Mosley andWilliam forsythe.

            dugger_rockz <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
            If any of you plan on going to this event I have to say it was
            pathetic, and a waste of $40 for both tickets I bought. There was
            nothing in that small area that I would have taken as a gift. It just
            sucked.

            Keepin you posted

            Dugger

            the one and only TRUE Godzilla Fan.

            Sam.C.
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
              Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
              Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

            • donaldbain@alltel.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
                Which stars didn't show?

                > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
                > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                >
                > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

              • Sam.C.
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 24, 2008
                  Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes

                  donaldbain@... wrote:
                  Which stars didn't show?

                  > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com>
                  > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                  > To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                  > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                  >
                  > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                  > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

                • Kirisawa Fuko
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                    Thanks for the info! I'm glad I didn't go, although I was considering
                    it. I was worried when they never updated the page to list any info
                    for Mewes and some other guests. I wonder if the mall screening of the
                    movie ended up going down or not? It seemed like a cool idea, but I
                    heard they were having problems with it.

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Sam.C." <oldskoolgraff@...> wrote:

                    > Hank sherman(BUB) Daeg farech Rob zombies halloween,And Jason Mewes
                    >
                    > donaldbain@... wrote: Which stars didn't
                    show?

                    > > From: DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...>
                    > > Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 02:31:47 CDT
                    > > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
                    > > Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Horror Hound Weekend *SUCKED*
                    > >
                    > > Yeah Im sorry I even checked the ExpoMart calendar.
                    > > Steel City Con July 26th & 27 will easily be better

                  • PyroArrow
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 26, 2008
                      ok, did anyone get a chance to also attend the Monster Bash?
                      How was that one?

                    • Sam.C.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                          Anything would have been better than Horror Hound, enemas hold more excitement than Horror Hound, HA!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 27, 2008
                            Horror Hound did indeed SUCK. $20 admission and they only screened 3
                            movies on Saturday, and the Savini-thon that was listed as part of
                            admission was an EXTRA $8. we went to watch the movie and was told it
                            was an extra 8 bucks, depsite no mention of that on their site or
                            their flyer. very very shady!

                            Monster Bash on the other hand is an awesome con, if you like the old
                            school B/W horror. tons of movies being screened all weekend into the
                            late night, Q&As with actors, small dealer room but tons of fun and
                            run by people who really seem to have a love for this.