Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • Will Crites
    Message 1 of 27 , May 17, 2008
      John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, Judge Dredd creators.

      Will

      comiconguy wrote :

      Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
      suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
      interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
      that info you can send it directly to me.)
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 27 , May 17, 2008
        Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
        dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
        get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
        about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
        autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
        pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

        > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
        > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
        are
        > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
        > that info you can send it directly to me.)
        >
        > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
        >
        > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
        > it comes to media guests:
        > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
        > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
        > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
        wise.

        > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
        > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
        > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
        >
        > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
        graduated
        > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
        >
        > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
        >
        > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
        > another person I'd love to have.
        >
        > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
        > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
        >
        > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
        Faithful.
        > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
        their
        > representation. Let me know.
        >
        > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
        guests
        > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
        >
        > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
        in
        > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
        > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
        > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
        >
        > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
        passion.

        > Patrick
        > Marketing Director
        > Pittsburgh Comicon

      • Chris Underwood
        Message 3 of 27 , May 17, 2008
          I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
          The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
          Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

          On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

          Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
          see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
          the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

        • briantlaslo
          Message 4 of 27 , May 25, 2008
            Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
            > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
            > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

          • Maya
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
              >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
              present!
              > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
              >
              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
              > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
              > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

            • liquidjupiter81
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                Jim Lee

                Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                I also agree on Heroes actors

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                wrote:

                > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                actors from heroes.

                > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                > Darth Stewie
                >

                > James

              • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                  I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                    I will second that motion

                    I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone