Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

    Message 1 of 27 , May 16, 2008
      Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
      suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
      interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
      that info you can send it directly to me.)

      Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

      There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
      it comes to media guests:
      They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
      guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
      the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

      There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
      just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
      see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

      Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
      from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

      Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

      Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
      another person I'd love to have.

      They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
      maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

      So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
      If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
      representation. Let me know.

      Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
      with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

      Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
      know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
      you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
      the Burgh. Keep me informed.

      I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

      Patrick
      Marketing Director
      Pittsburgh Comicon
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 27 , May 16, 2008
        fyi..
        Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
        several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
        posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
        wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
        week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
        now to diminish the symptoms."

        Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
        fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
        Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

        Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
        material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
        to help the couple.

        ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

      • sjharvey9@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , May 16, 2008
          In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
          Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
          see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
          the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
          Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

          --- SCOTT

        • Nathan Hill
          Message 4 of 27 , May 17, 2008

            Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

            My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

            Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

              Message 6 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                are
                > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                >
                > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                >
                > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                > it comes to media guests:
                > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                wise.

                > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                >
                > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                graduated
                > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                >
                > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                >
                > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                > another person I'd love to have.
                >
                > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                >
                > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                Faithful.
                > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                their
                > representation. Let me know.
                >
                > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                guests
                > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                >
                > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                in
                > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                >
                > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                passion.

                > Patrick
                > Marketing Director
                > Pittsburgh Comicon

              • Chris Underwood
                Message 7 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                  I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                  The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                  Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                  On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                  Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                  see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                  the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                • briantlaslo
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 25, 2008
                    Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                    > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                    > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                    > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                  • Maya
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                      >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                      present!
                      > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                      >
                      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                      > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                      > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                    • liquidjupiter81
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                        Jim Lee

                        Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                        I also agree on Heroes actors

                        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                        actors from heroes.

                        > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                        > Darth Stewie
                        >

                        > James

                      • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                          I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                            I will second that motion

                            I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone