Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • jencomx3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , May 16, 2008
      In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

      I will referee.

      and I'll host :)

      Jen
      htttp://www.comicon.com/pulse

    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 27 , May 16, 2008
        got to be blue jello

        DUGGER wrote:
        I will referee.

        ----- Original Message ----
        From: Jim Balent Studios <holly@jimbalent. com>
        To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
        Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 9:52:25 AM
        Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

        if Joss comes...i challenge him to Jello wrestling!

        DUGGER wrote:

        Joss Whedon, stan the man lee, Judd winick, bring back some old school wrestlers, hot model chicks (not the crack head ones either) I will leave it at that...for now

        Message 3 of 27 , May 16, 2008
          i'll sing while wrestling

          jencomx3@... wrote:

          In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com writes:

          I will referee.

          and I'll host :)

          Jen
          htttp://www. comicon.com/ pulse

          Message 4 of 27 , May 16, 2008
            Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
            suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
            interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
            that info you can send it directly to me.)

            Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

            There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
            it comes to media guests:
            They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
            guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
            the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

            There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
            just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
            see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

            Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
            from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

            Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

            Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
            another person I'd love to have.

            They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
            maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

            So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
            If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
            representation. Let me know.

            Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
            with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

            Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
            know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
            you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
            the Burgh. Keep me informed.

            I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

            Patrick
            Marketing Director
            Pittsburgh Comicon
          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 27 , May 16, 2008
              fyi..
              Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
              several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
              posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
              wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
              week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
              now to diminish the symptoms."

              Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
              fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
              Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

              Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
              material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
              to help the couple.

              ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

            • sjharvey9@aol.com
              Message 6 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
                Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

                --- SCOTT

              • Nathan Hill
                Message 7 of 27 , May 17, 2008

                  Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

                  My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

                  Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                      Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                      dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                      get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                      about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                      autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                      pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                      > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                      > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                      are
                      > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                      > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                      >
                      > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                      >
                      > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                      > it comes to media guests:
                      > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                      > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                      > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                      wise.

                      > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                      > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                      > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                      >
                      > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                      graduated
                      > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                      >
                      > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                      >
                      > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                      > another person I'd love to have.
                      >
                      > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                      > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                      >
                      > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                      Faithful.
                      > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                      their
                      > representation. Let me know.
                      >
                      > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                      guests
                      > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                      >
                      > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                      in
                      > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                      > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                      > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                      >
                      > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                      passion.

                      > Patrick
                      > Marketing Director
                      > Pittsburgh Comicon

                    • Chris Underwood
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                        I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                        The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                        Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                        On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                        Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                        see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                        the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                      • briantlaslo
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 25, 2008
                          Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                          > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                          > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                          > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                        • Maya
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                            >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                            present!
                            > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                            >
                            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                            > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                            > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                          • liquidjupiter81
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                              Jim Lee

                              Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                              I also agree on Heroes actors

                              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                              actors from heroes.

                              > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                              > Darth Stewie
                              >

                              > James

                            • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                                I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                                  I will second that motion

                                  I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone