Re: [pittscomicon] Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • Hunter Rose
    Message 1 of 27 , May 16, 2008
      Matt Wagner.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Will Crites <megacitytours@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 4:31:04 AM
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Guests you would like to see in 2009...

      I'd like to see Simon Fraser at next years ComiCon. He's been an artist for
      2000 AD for years. He's done Judge Dredd and created Nikolai Dante. To
      contact him his email is mzungusi@gmail. com , to see some of his work go to
      www.simonfraser. net . Yep he's from the UK but lives in New York City.

      Will

      uss_escort wrote :

      Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
      see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
      the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

    • maharashka
      Message 2 of 27 , May 16, 2008
        Orson Scott Card

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
        > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
        > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 27 , May 16, 2008
          Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some actors from heroes.

          Darth Stewie

          James

          Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
          see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
          the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

        • Jim Balent Studios
          Message 4 of 27 , May 16, 2008
            if Joss comes...i challenge him to Jello wrestling!

            DUGGER wrote:

            Joss Whedon, stan the man lee, Judd winick, bring back some old school wrestlers, hot model chicks (not the crack head ones either) I will leave it at that...for now

            Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
            (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
            Giordano...enough for now :)--- In

            Message 5 of 27 , May 16, 2008
              I will referee.

            • jencomx3@aol.com
              Message 6 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

                I will referee.

                and I'll host :)

                Jen
                htttp://www.comicon.com/pulse

              • Jim Balent Studios
                Message 7 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                  got to be blue jello

                  I will referee.

                  Message 8 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                    i'll sing while wrestling

                    jencomx3@... wrote:

                    In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com writes:

                    I will referee.

                    and I'll host :)

                    Jen
                    htttp://www. comicon.com/ pulse

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                      Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                      suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
                      interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                      that info you can send it directly to me.)

                      Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

                      There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                      it comes to media guests:
                      They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                      guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                      the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

                      There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                      just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                      see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

                      Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
                      from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

                      Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

                      Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                      another person I'd love to have.

                      They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                      maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

                      So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
                      If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
                      representation. Let me know.

                      Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
                      with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

                      Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
                      know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                      you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
                      the Burgh. Keep me informed.

                      I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

                      Patrick
                      Marketing Director
                      Pittsburgh Comicon
                    • batmiteforever
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                        fyi..
                        Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
                        several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
                        posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
                        wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
                        week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
                        now to diminish the symptoms."

                        Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
                        fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
                        Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

                        Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
                        material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
                        to help the couple.

                        ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

                      • sjharvey9@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                          In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
                          Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                          see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                          the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                          Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

                          --- SCOTT

                        • Nathan Hill
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 17, 2008

                            Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

                            My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

                            Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

                              Message 14 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                                dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                                get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                                about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                                autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                                pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                                > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                                are
                                > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                                >
                                > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                                >
                                > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                > it comes to media guests:
                                > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                                wise.

                                > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                                >
                                > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                                graduated
                                > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                                >
                                > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                                >
                                > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                > another person I'd love to have.
                                >
                                > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                                >
                                > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                                Faithful.
                                > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                                their
                                > representation. Let me know.
                                >
                                > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                                guests
                                > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                                >
                                > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                                in
                                > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                                > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                                >
                                > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                                passion.

                                > Patrick
                                > Marketing Director
                                > Pittsburgh Comicon

                              • Chris Underwood
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                  I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                                  The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                                  Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                                  On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                  Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                  see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                  the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                • briantlaslo
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 25, 2008
                                    Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                    > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                    > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                    > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                  • Maya
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                                      >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                                      present!
                                      > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                                      >
                                      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                      > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                      > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                    • liquidjupiter81
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                                        Jim Lee

                                        Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                                        I also agree on Heroes actors

                                        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                                        actors from heroes.

                                        > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                                        > Darth Stewie
                                        >

                                        > James

                                      • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                                          I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                                            I will second that motion

                                            I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone