Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

    Message 1 of 27 , May 15, 2008

      Joss Whedon, stan the man lee, Judd winick, bring back some old school wrestlers, hot model chicks (not the crack head ones either) I will leave it at that...for now

      Message 2 of 27 , May 15, 2008
        Toss money at Ethan VanSciver until he decides to show up.

        I wonder how much it'd really cost for him to weigh his
        ridiculous "Moral Standards" against his bank account, and show up.
      • justinalvahuntsman
        Message 3 of 27 , May 15, 2008
          Seriously though:

          Bryan Lee O'Malley, and David Willis

          Writer/artists on "Scott Pilgrim" and "Shortpacked" respectively.

          of course, with Willis, that may be a problem, as "Botcon" happened the
          same weekend as Pittsburgh this year, and well, he's an insatiable
          Transformers fan, who'll not give up that show to save my dying mother.

          who he bought for a nickel.

          you see, my mom is a prostitute.
        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 27 , May 16, 2008
            I'd like to see Simon Fraser at next years ComiCon. He's been an artist for
            2000 AD for years. He's done Judge Dredd and created Nikolai Dante. To
            contact him his email is mzungusi@... , to see some of his work go to
            www.simonfraser.net . Yep he's from the UK but lives in New York City.

            Will

            uss_escort wrote :

            Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
            see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
            the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
          • Hunter Rose
            Message 5 of 27 , May 16, 2008
              Matt Wagner.

              Message 6 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                Orson Scott Card

                wrote:

                > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

              • James Rowe
                Message 7 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                  Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some actors from heroes.

                  Darth Stewie

                  James

                  Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                  see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                  the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                • Jim Balent Studios
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                    if Joss comes...i challenge him to Jello wrestling!

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                      I will referee.

                    • jencomx3@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                        In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

                        I will referee.

                        and I'll host :)

                        Jen
                        htttp://www.comicon.com/pulse

                      • Jim Balent Studios
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                          got to be blue jello

                          I will referee.

                          Message 12 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                            i'll sing while wrestling

                            jencomx3@... wrote:

                            In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com writes:

                            I will referee.

                            and I'll host :)

                            Jen
                            htttp://www. comicon.com/ pulse

                            Message 13 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                              Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                              suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
                              interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                              that info you can send it directly to me.)

                              Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

                              There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                              it comes to media guests:
                              They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                              guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                              the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

                              There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                              just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                              see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

                              Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
                              from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

                              Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

                              Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                              another person I'd love to have.

                              They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                              maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

                              So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
                              If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
                              representation. Let me know.

                              Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
                              with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

                              Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
                              know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                              you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
                              the Burgh. Keep me informed.

                              I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

                              Patrick
                              Marketing Director
                              Pittsburgh Comicon
                            • batmiteforever
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                fyi..
                                Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
                                several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
                                posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
                                wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
                                week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
                                now to diminish the symptoms."

                                Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
                                fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
                                Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

                                Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
                                material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
                                to help the couple.

                                ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

                              • sjharvey9@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                  In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
                                  Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                  see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                  the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                                  Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

                                  --- SCOTT

                                • Nathan Hill
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 17, 2008

                                    Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

                                    My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

                                    Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                        Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                                        dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                                        get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                                        about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                                        autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                                        pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                                        > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                        > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                                        are
                                        > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                        > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                                        >
                                        > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                                        >
                                        > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                        > it comes to media guests:
                                        > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                        > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                        > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                                        wise.

                                        > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                        > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                        > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                                        >
                                        > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                                        graduated
                                        > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                                        >
                                        > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                                        >
                                        > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                        > another person I'd love to have.
                                        >
                                        > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                        > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                                        >
                                        > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                                        Faithful.
                                        > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                                        their
                                        > representation. Let me know.
                                        >
                                        > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                                        guests
                                        > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                                        >
                                        > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                                        in
                                        > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                        > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                                        > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                                        >
                                        > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                                        passion.

                                        > Patrick
                                        > Marketing Director
                                        > Pittsburgh Comicon

                                      • Chris Underwood
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                          I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                                          The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                                          Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                                          On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                          Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                          see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                          the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                        • briantlaslo
                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 25, 2008
                                            Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                            > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                            > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                            > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                          • Maya
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                                              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                                              >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                                              present!
                                              > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                                              >
                                              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                              > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                              > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                            • liquidjupiter81
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                                                Jim Lee

                                                Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                                                I also agree on Heroes actors

                                                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                                                wrote:

                                                > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                                                actors from heroes.

                                                > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                                                > Darth Stewie
                                                >

                                                > James

                                              • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                                                  I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                                                    I will second that motion

                                                    I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone